First Union Hires D.C.'s William Hall
- First Union Steps Up. Roberts, Ricardo // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;05/29/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 22, p4
Focuses on the performance of First Union Securities in the Internet and professional services areas. Deals completed by the company; Challenges faced by the company due to its lack of a brand name; Plans of the company to expand its team.
- First Union Enters Calif. Tech Banking Market. Mandaro, Laura // American Banker;3/7/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 45, p1
Reports on First Union Securities' launching of a California investment banking presence. Hiring of two former J.P. Morgan senior executives to build the group; Plan to expand the practice to include an additional ten technology investment bankers in 2001; Support given by First Union Corp. to...
- Reinventing itself, First Union turns to technology deals. Hahn, Avital Louria // Investment Dealers' Digest;02/21/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 8, p8
Reports on the efforts of Charlotte, North Carolina-based First Union Securities to participate in technology-related equity deals in the United States. Value of the deals; Technology banking group's reliance on equity capital markets; First Union's co-management of a multibillion follow-on...
- First Union Opens Doors to N.Y.C. Corporate Trust Office. // Bond Buyer;12/04/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31029, p7
Reports the opening of a corporate trust department office of the First Union Securities Inc. New York, New York. Location of offices owned by the corporate trust group; Staff of the corporate trust office; Celebration over the office opening; Business strategy of the firm.
- First Union now Wachovia. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;7/15/2002, Vol. 13 Issue 14, p9
Reports on the business operation of First Union Securities Inc. in New York.
- First Union starts a new branding campaign for equities platform. Santini, Laura // Investment Dealers' Digest;06/19/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 25, p10
Reports on the branding campaign of First Union Securities. Establishment of name recognition; Increased investment spending in capital markets; Pursuit of the middle market since acquiring Wheat First Butcher Singer Inc. in 1998 and Everen Securities in 1999; Managers' tour of various cities...
- FU to Fully Fund Telepak's Buildout. Phadungchai, Naruth // Bank Loan Report;07/31/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 31, p3
Reports that First Union Securities has been mandated to arrange and underwrite a credit facility for Telepak Inc. Value of the loan; Pricing of the pro-rata pieces; Proceeds from the deal.
- Helping a Family Cope. Chapelle, Tony // On Wall Street;Jul2001, Vol. 11 Issue 7, pN.PAG
Narrates an incident where stock broker Jim Kingman of Hunt Valley, Maryland-based First Union Securities Inc. helped the family of Gary and Lisa Boulay in managing their financial and personal problems. Problems confronting the Boulays when they met Kingman; Strategy adopted by Kingman for...
- First Union a Step Closer to a More Streamlined Public Finance Division. Carpenter-Kasprzaak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;10/04/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 30989, p4
Reports on First Union Securities Inc.'s formation of its public sector group. Coordination of the operations of the streamlined public finance operations; Management of new municipal bond issues.