Brothers Cain & Lehman Link Up
- Lebman to Buy Stake in Health-Care Firm. // American Banker;10/13/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 197, p24
Reports on plans by Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. to invest in Cain Brothers & Co. The stake that Lehman Brothers will receive in the company; What the companies will work on through a joint venture; Lehman Brothers units that are expected to benefit from the arrangement.
- Cain, Lehman form strategic partnership. Jaklevic, Mary Chris // Modern Healthcare;10/16/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 43, p94
Reports on the strategic alliance forged by Cain Brothers with Lehman Brothers. Reasons behind the decision of Cain to partner with Lehman; Percentage of equity acquired by Lehman in Cain; Ranking of Cain among not-for-profit healthcare bond underwriters in 1999.
- Lehman to axe a dozen London real estate jobs. McClary, Samantha // Estates Gazette;1/26/2008, Issue 803, p41
The article reports that investment bank Lehman Brothers has warned its staff about layoffs. Lehman become the latest investment bank to cut its real estate team in the wake of the credit crunch. Around 12 staff in the London, England-based real estate team have been told that their jobs are at...
- Lehman to Discuss Subprime with Critics. Julavits, Robert // American Banker;8/4/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 149, p20
Focuses on the decision of Lehman Brothers Inc. to meet with the activist group, Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, to discuss concerns about predatory lending in the United States. Efforts to prevent further protests by the group; Demand of the group to investment banks to...
- Last holdout Lehman turns to downsizing. Gandel, Stephen // Crain's New York Business;8/26/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 34, p1
Reports the downsizing of Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. investment bank in New York City. Dismissal of several employees; Reduction cuts in the company's communications and human resources staff; Signal of the company's retrenchment.
- Lehman aims to go it alone. Gandel, Stephen // Crain's New York Business;07/31/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 31, p1
Reports on the stock performance of Wall Street investment bank Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. in the wake of mergers in the industry. Stock price movement in 2000; Financial performance; Hiring of additional analysts; Acquisition of a brokerage business from SG Cowen; Better performance of...
- Mixed Results for the Loners. Ring, Niam // American Banker;1/5/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 4, p1
Looks at the differing fourth quarter results reported by investment bankers Lehman Brothers Holdings and Bear Stearns Cos. in 2000. Percentage increase of Lehman Brothers' net income; Decline of Bear Stearns' net income for the quarter; Takeover rumors involving the two banking companies;...
- McGee to Run Lehman Investment banking. // American Banker;12/20/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 243, p18
Reports on announcement by Lehman Brothers Holding Inc. that Hugh McGee has been promoted to succeed Bradley Jack as the global head of investment banking. Provides details of Mr. McGee's investment career; Focuses on other Wall Street firms who have made management changes at the executive...
- Lehman Earnings Up 39%. // American Banker;6/16/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 115, p2
Reports the financial performance of Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. Rise in the fiscal second-quarter profit; Reason for the 39% increase; Net income for the New York company as of May 31; Average forecast estimated by Thomson Financial; Rise in net and trading revenues; Other investment banks...