MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, Oct. 16, 2000
- Muni Yields Rise 1-2 Basis Points As N.Y. Tobacco Opens for Retail. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;6/9/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31652, p2
This article presents information on performance of bond market on June 6, 2003. Municipal bond yields rose one or two basis points while underwriters opened a retail order period on 2.2 billion dollars of New York State Tobacco Settlement Financing Corp. asset-backed tobacco bonds. Government...
- Munis End 3/8 to 1/2 Higher; Deals Net Favorable Results. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;02/02/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31069, p2
No abstract available.
- Munis Little Changed as Market Awaits Non-Farm Numbers. Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;3/10/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32336, p2
The article examines the status of municipal bonds in the United States as the market waits for the February 2006 non-farm payrolls report. According to traders, intermediate paper was slightly weaker during the midday of March 9 but improved by the end of the session. The author also examines...
- Munis Unchanged to Weaker, Lagging Treasuries. Curran, William; Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;7/18/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32424, p2
The article reports on the performance of the U.S. bond market. As tax-exemption fall behind the Treasury market, the municipal market demonstrates some slight changes. Meanwhile, the Treasury market weakened modestly by two points after settling to an unchanged mark. With this uncertainty in...
- Munis, Treasuries Show Little Response to Data. Curran, William; Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;8/4/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32438, p2
The article discusses the performance of the municipal bond market in the U.S. on August 3, 2006. Both the municipal bonds and Treasuries showed little reaction to economic data. Investors are still waiting for clues as to whether the Federal Open Market Committee will adjust monetary policy...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, March 29. // Bond Buyer;3/30/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31852, p2
Presents a chart depicting the performance of the municipal bond market in the United States during the March 29, 2004 trading session.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Tuesday, April 13. // Bond Buyer;4/14/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31862, p2
Presents a chart depicting economic indicators for municipal bonds in the U.S. as of April 13, 2004.
- Big Deals From Houston, Washington Should Boost Yields. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;5/17/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31885, p6
Reports on the volume of primary market municipal bond deals in the U.S. for the week of May 17, 2004. Major deals from various states; Yields expected by investors; Pricing of deals; Use of proceeds from the transactions.
- Jobs Data Expectations Drive Up Municipal Bond Indexes. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;6/4/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31898, p52
Reports that most of "The Bond Buyer" newspaper's weekly municipal bond yield indexes rose at the end of May 2004 as expectations mounted that the release of the May employment report on June 2004 will be favorable and prompt the Federal Reserve to raise short-term rates later in June 2004. Key...