The Week Ahead/Data: CPI May Be Eclipsed
- Inflation and Prices. // Economic Trends (07482922);Jan2003, p2
Reports on trends in U.S. consumer price index and inflation. Increase in food and beverage prices; Decline in apparel and transportation indexes; Trends in housing prices.
- Inflation Slowed in Oct.; Outlook Brighter. // American Banker;11/17/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 222, p20
Reports on inflation data in the United States during October 2000. The rise in consumer prices that took place during the month; Projections by a leading group of economists that inflation will start to decline in 2001; How the consumer price index compares to October 1999.
- Signs of a Turn. // Time;7/4/1969, Vol. 94 Issue 1, p72
The article focuses on the positive readings of the consumer price index and the leading indicators which suggest slowing of inflation momentum in the U.S. It notes that policymakers have expressed optimism in the government's anti-inflationary moves such as surtax and reduction of government...
- Hey, Inflation Truthers, Enough Already! Reis, Patrick; Berman, Matt // National Journal;11/2/2013, p6
In this article, the authors express their opinion about the conspiracy between the Democrats, Republicans and the U.S. Federal Reserve Board about inflation issues in the country. The author offers a look at the standard measure of inflation through the Consumer Price Index (CPI). The author...
- The Upside of Recession? // Newsweek (Pacific Edition);5/14/2007 (Pacific Edition), Vol. 149 Issue 20, p53
The article offers an editorial on the economic concepts of inflation and recession. The author discusses the March 2007 U.S. consumer price index (CPI), and its effects on inflation and stock prices. The author discusses the difference between CPI and core CPI. The author discusses the positive...
- The Upside of Recession? Samuelson, Robert J. // Newsweek;4/30/2007, Vol. 149 Issue 18, p53
An editorial is presented in which the author discusses the economic situation in the United States. He talks about the terms "inflation" and "recession." He describes the discrepancy between the consumer price index for March 2007 and the actual report as "core inflation." The prices of gas,...
- CONSUMER PRICE INDEX AND PRODUCER PRICE INDEX. // Economic Outlook Update;Aug2016, p24
The article reports on the slight increase in the Consumer Price Index (CPI) and the behavior of the Producer Price Index (PPI) in the U.S. in August 2016. Topics discussed include the main indexes that comprise the CPI, including food index and energy index, and the decrease in PPI in July....
- Inflation and Prices. // Economic Trends (07482922);Aug99, p7
Forecasts inflation and prices in the United States (US) in August 1, 1999. Consumer price index in the US; Reports from US Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan; Non-inflationary measures to protect the US economy.
- Are There Good Alternatives to the CPI? Steindel, Charles // Current Issues in Economics & Finance;04/15/97, Vol. 3 Issue 6, p1
Argues that the consumer price index (CPI) is still the most reliable indicator of changes in inflation despite the existence of alternative indexes in the United States. Criticisms on the CPI; Criteria that must be followed by analysts in constructing an aggregate price index; Problems that...