ABA Panel Delays Intermediate Sanctions Plan Until January
- ABA Panel Seeks IRS Guidance on Issue Price, BAB Questions. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;6/11/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33130, p4
The article reports on the request of the American Bar Association (ABA) from the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS). The committee of ABA on tax-exempt financing has requested priority guidance on municipal bonds from IRS. The guidance should include a definition for issue price and responses...
- ABA Tax Group Seeks Guidance on Bonds for Grants. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;1/12/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33449, p5
The article reports on the move of the American Bar Association's (ABA) tax group to urge the U.S. Department of Treasury and the U.S. Internal Revenue Service to publish a guidance on bonds for finance grants. It indicates that the guidance must provide the terms of the bonds, private-activity...
- REPORT OF THE SPECIAL COMMITTEE ON WHIPSAW. McQuiston, Robert E. // Tax Lawyer;Summer76, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p790
Presents the report of the committee on 'whipsaw' of the Section on Taxation of the American Bar Association in the United States. Conditions creating the whipsaw effect involving adverse interests of taxpayers; Alleviation of the problem through changes in the judicial system; Clarification on...
- AMERICAN BAR ASSOCIATION ACTION. // Tax Lawyer;Apr66, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p30
Features the activities of the American Bar Association related to taxation in the United States. Authority given to the Section of Administrative Law to participate in rule-making proceedings of federal agencies; Resolutions on the joint recommendations of the Section of Antitrust Law and the...
- NOTICE TO ALL SECTION MEMBERS. Porter, Clifford L. // Tax Lawyer;Apr66, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p73
Presents information for the members of the Section of Taxation, American Bar Association. Date for mailing questionnaires to all members; Deadline for responses to committee preference questionnaire; Schedule for the appointment of chairmen and vice chairmen of each committee.
- POINTS TO REMEMBER. // Tax Lawyer;Apr66, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p82
Features reminders from the American Bar Association regarding taxation in the United States. Discussion of Section 334 of the Internal Revenue Service; Rules affecting life insurance companies; Definitions of gross investment income.
- REPORT OF THE SPECIAL COMMITTEE ON SUBSTANTIVE TAX REFORM. Galvin, Charles O. // Tax Lawyer;Jul67, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p113
Focuses on the resolution for substantive tax reform by the American Bar Association. Establishment of an equitable tax system; Elimination of double taxation for corporate income; Modification of the estate and gift tax structure.
- BY-LAWS SECTION OF TAXATION, AMERICAN BAR ASSOCIATION. // Tax Lawyer;Jul67, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p303
Presents the section of taxation in the American Bar Association by-laws. Purpose of the Section; Rules on membership; Nomination and election of officers and members of the council.
- RULES OF PROCEDURE OF THE SECTION OF TAXATION, AMERICAN BAR ASSOCIATION. // Tax Lawyer;Jul67, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p308
Presents the rules of procedure of the Section of Taxation of the American Bar Association constitution. Rules concerning meetings of the section; Obligations of the presiding officer; Guidelines in voting.