Bond Lawyer Lough Heads Back to IRS
- Illegal disclosure to newspaper held to be a single instance. // CPA Journal;Feb96, Vol. 66 Issue 2, p74
Reports that the disclosure of a tax return information made by an official of the United States Internal Revenue Service to a newspaper is held to be a single instance, according to Miller versus United States.
- IRS appointments. // Practical Accountant;Mar95, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p15
Reports on appointments of several officials at the Internal Revenue Service. Paul Miyahara; Patrick Dowling; Peggy Rule; Margaret O'Rourke; Vicent Canciello; Sheldon Schwartz; Michael Rule; Thomas Carroll.
- IRS getting its staff cut. // Practical Accountant;Oct96, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p24
Reports on the reduction of employees at the US Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Federal budget cuts prompting employee dismissals; Estimates of layoffs.
- What IRS agents talk about when they gather 'round the... Baldauf, Scott // Christian Science Monitor;4/15/97, Vol. 89 Issue 97, p3
Looks at the topic of discussion when agents of the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) meet, focusing on the unlimited queries of tax related difficulties. What is required of IRS agents; How IRS agents view themselves; Information on the IRS.
- IRS fills various key slots. // Practical Accountant;Sep94, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p22
Reports on the appointment of various officials to key positions in the US Internal Revenue Service. Includes Roger Burgess; Robert Veeder; Gerald Swanson; Arthur Jackson.
- IRS moves work. // Crain's New York Business;12/6/93, Vol. 9 Issue 49, p41
Reports on the relocation of the employees of the Internal Revenue Services (IRS) to Little Italy, New York from the Brooklyn site in New York. Shifting of the work of 200 employees from the 1000-employee worksite in Brooklyn, New York; Increase in efficiency through automation as a factor in...
- Reshuffling IRS staff during tax season. // CPA Journal;Mar1997, Vol. 66 Issue 3, p74
Reports on the reshuffling of personnel within the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) during the busy season because of delays in its modernization program. Delays expected in pending audits.
- IRS Keeps up Focus on Specialty Training Sessions for Its Agents. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;9/4/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31712, p5
Reports on plans of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service to train its staff on enforcement issues for improving audit investigations. Overview of the training sessions planned; Scheduling of training for field agents; Information on special training sessions for tax exempt bonds; Response of bond...
- The Office of Chief Counsel--A Renewed Commitment To Guidance. Williams Jr., B. John // Tax Executive;Mar/Apr2002, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p135
Presents the text of a speech given by B. John William Jr., chief counsel for the U.S. Internal Revenue Service, during the 52nd Midyear Conference held on March 19, 2002.