MK 15 Phalanx Close-In Weapons System
- PHALANX CLOSE-IN-WEAPON-SYSTEM DELIVERED TO ADELAIDE. // Asia-Pacific Defence Reporter;May2013, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p7
The article informs about the arrival of the combat system the Phalanx Close-In-Weapon-System (CIWS) for the Hobart Class Air Warfare Destroyers in Adelaide, South Australia.
- NAVY SHIPS. // Sea Power;Jan2004, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p9
Features various ships of the U.S. Navy. Design of the Navy aircraft carriers; Examples of some attack submarines used; Completion of the 27-ship Ticonderoga-class Aegis guided-missile cruiser construction program; Displacement of several Navy destroyers; Armament of some amphibious assault...
- NAVY SHIPS. // Sea Power;Jan2009, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p10
The article offers information on various warships under the U.S. Navy. It presents a brief of various aircraft cruisers, submarines and destroyers acquired by the Navy. Several warships are discussed including the guided-missile cruisers, the Zumwalt-Class next-generation destroyers, and the...
- DD-21 Blue and Gold Teams Sprint for the Green. Puttre, M.; Sherman, K. // Journal of Electronic Defense;May2001, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p25
Reports on refinements made by two competing teams, Blue and Gold, to their respective designs for the United States Navy's Zumwalt-class land-attack destroyer (DD-21). Background information on the DD-21; Companies behind the two teams; Features of the two designs.
- NAVAL SYSTEMS. Walsh, Edward J. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Jan2001, Vol. 127 Issue 1, p105
Focuses on a program by the United States Navy, which is aimed at developing a lightweight, broadband variable-depth sonar in a towed-body configuration. Incorporation of the sonar into the design of the Zumwalt (DD-21)-class land-attack destroyer; Number of industry teams competing for the...
- Untitled. // Military Technology;2007, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p156
A photograph is presented depicting the Hyuga, the lead ship in a new class of helicopter-carrying destroyers for the Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force (JMSDF).
- A New Capability for Japan. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Nov2007, Vol. 133 Issue 11, p98
A photograph of the helicopter-carrying warship, Hyuga, launched by the Japanese Maritime Self Defense Force, is presented.
- OCEAN POWER. Dillow, Clay // Popular Science;Oct2102, Vol. 281 Issue 4, p38
This article presents a profile of the technological innovations integrated into the Zumwalt-class destroyer warships being developed by the U.S. Navy. Topics include the Zumwalt-class destroyers' intended purpose of delivering sea-to-land military strikes, the design of the Zumwalt's hull that...
- CRUISERS. // Sea Power;Jan2006, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p20
The article features Arleigh Burke, a class of guided-missile destroyer of the United States Navy. It employs the Aegis weapons system developed for the Ticonderoga-class guided missile cruisers. The weapons system integrates air, surface, antisubmarine warfare sensors and engagement systems....