Vivendi Profits Rise on Telecom, TV, and Video Games
- Pay TV, video games drive big Vivendi Q1. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;5/22/2007, Vol. 399 Issue 35, p71
The article reports that French media firm Vivendi has reported a 32% jump in its first-quarter profit to $1.27 billion and a 22.8% increase in operating profit to $1.05 billion, driven mainly by its pay television and video games units. Its revenue totaled $6.8 billion, an increase of 5.3%...
- Vivendi Uni media revenue dips. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;11/12/2002, Vol. 376 Issue 3, p9
Reports that French media conglomerate Vivendi Universal on November 11, 2002 reported a decline in third-quarter revenue at its media and communications operations. Overall financial performance of the group's media and communications unit; Decline in revenue for the group's entertainment...
- VIV U RINGS IN REV GAINS. James, Alison; Klaussman, Liza // Daily Variety;7/29/2005, Vol. 288 Issue 19, p6
Reports on the financial performance of Vivendi Universal for the first half of 2005. Second quarter revenues; Sales in the U.S.
- VIV U'S GOLDEN ARM. Klaussmann, Liza; Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;5/6/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 23, p5
Reports on the financial performance of Vivendi Universal Entertainment for the first-quarter of 2004. Weakness of its music and videogame units; Increase in the profit of Universal Pictures Group; Decline in the sales of Universal Music Group.
- VIVENDI REVVING UP. James, Alison // Daily Variety;7/28/2006, Vol. 292 Issue 18, p6
The article reports on the increase in the revenue of Vivendi SA for the second quarter of 2006 in France. The company's revenue amounted to Â£9.6 billion, which depicts an increase of 4.8 percent from the previous quarter. The growth in revenue is driven by the increased sales of the...
- Tax break boosts Viv U profit to $1 bil. James, Alison // Daily Variety;11/18/2004, Vol. 285 Issue 35, p8
Reports on the financial performance of Vivendi Universal SA in the third quarter of year 2004 in Paris, France. Increase in the net profit due to a massive tax break; Total revenue; Operating income; Net debt.
- Avista Corp. sweetens up its dividend. Ripley, Richard // Journal of Business (10756124);8/31/2006, Vol. 21 Issue 18, pA3
The article reports on the decision of Avista Corp. to increase its common stock dividend in the U.S. Analysts claim that the move of the company is part of its intention of boosting its financial health. The board of directors admit that the company has a quarterly dividend of 14.5 cents a...
- VIVENDI'S REV-ING UP. James, Alison // Daily Variety;08/07/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 45, p5
Reports on the financial performance of Vivendi SA for the first half of 2000. Consolidation of Canal Plus and U.S. Filter.
- VIV U REVS HIT A RUT Slump in music sales, fewer pics cut income. Amour, Meredith; James, Alison // Daily Variety;11/12/2002, Vol. 277 Issue 27, p3
Announces a drop in France-based Vivendi Universal's divisionwide sales for the first nine months of 2002. Impact of acquisitions on parent conglomerate Vivendi Universal's revenues for the third quarter; Percentage decline in Vivendi Universal Entertainment's sales for the same quarter;...