Sprint Nextel's Bad Connection
- Marathon of Woes at Sprint. Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;3/3/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p28
The article reports on the performance of wireless telecommunication company Sprint Nextel Corp. in the U.S. in the fourth quarter of 2007. In the said quarter, the company loss about 108,000 subscribers. As a result, Sprint experienced a shocking financial net loss of $29.5 billion. Dan Hesse,...
- Company Overview. // Sprint Nextel SWOT Analysis;Feb2007, p4
An overview of Sprint Nextel, a company that provides voice and data services through wireline and wireless networks, is presented. The company operates in the U.S. and employs an estimated 70,900 workers. Data presented includes the revenue and operating profits posted by the company in fiscal...
- 2Q slams Sprint Nextel, boosts Verizon Wireless. Hill, Kelly // RCR Wireless News;8/7/2006, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p1
The article reports on the financial results of telecommunication companies Verizon Wireless and Sprint Nextel Corp. for the second-quarter of 2006. Verizon Wireless' total revenues were up 18 percent to $9.2 billion for the quarter, and its total churn was 1.13 percent. Sprint Nextel announced...
- Churn stymies iPCS. // RCR Wireless News;10/29/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 41, p25
The article reveals the decline in the customer additions of Sprint Nextel Corp. affiliate iPCS Inc. for the third quarter of 2007. The carrier said it added 10,100 net customers during the quarter, given that the company had gained around 17,000 customers in each of the two prior third...
- Verizon beats Sprint PCS to 1XRTT. Carroll, Kelly // Wireless Review;Feb2002, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p12
Reports on the commercial launching of the 1XRTT, a third generation telecommunication technology in the U.S. markets developed by Verizon Wireless. Advantage of 1XRTT over other telecommunication standards; Competition of the company with Sprint PCS.
- Sprint PCS takes aim at business segment. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;05/24/99, Vol. 18 Issue 21, p29
Reports that Sprint PCS is targeting business users in the United States. Strengthening of growth and average revenue per user numbers; Competition strategies of the company.
- Sprint PCS launches in Madison. // RCR;02/21/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p14
Announces the launch of Sprint PCS' telecommunication service in Madison, Wisconsin.
- Affiliates Pulling Out Of Clear Pay Problems. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;5/6/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 18, p4
Reports on the benefits of being associated with the U.S. carrier, Sprint PCS. Benefits of Airgate PCS from the relationship with Sprint PCS; Alamosa PCS achievement despite its own problems with Sprint's Clear Pay plan; Information on other carriers.
- Sprint Nibbles On Enterprise Carrot. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;8/19/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 31, p6
Reports that Sprint PCS continued to add features to its CDMA2000 1XRTT Vision network in August 2002. Comments from analyst Jane Zweig about the company's strategy; Two remaining questions that Sprint PCS need to address; Sprint's enterprise product offerings.