Nintendo Smashes PS3 in Japanese Market
- All in the game. // Money Today;1/8/2009, p20
The article evaluates various high-technology electronic toys including e Xbox 360 from Microsoft, the PlayStation 3 from Sony, and the Nintendo Wii from Nintendo.
- Nintendo: Wii Rule the UK. Lee, Michael // Red Herring;9/30/2008, p3
The article discusses the lifetime sales data for the major consoles and handhelds in Great Britain, released by market researcher Chart-Track in September 2008. Nintendo was ranked first in the charts with sales of 3.6 million Wii consoles as of September 2008. It was followed by Microsoft's...
- Games Galore: HOW E3 NEWS FROM THE BIG THREE GAME PLATFORM COMPANIES AFFECTS CIs. Heiss, Michael // Residential Systems;Jul2012, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p22
The article discusses the introduction of the three major game console platforms during the 2012 Entertainment Expo (E3) in the U.S. It highlights Microsoft Corp.'s Xbox 360 and Kinect, Sony Corp.'s PS3, and Nintendo's next generation of home console system Wii U, the most anticipated new...
- SONY'S PS3 AT 13M WORLDWIDE. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;5/18/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 20, p23
The article reports that there have been approximately 13 million Sony PlayStation 3 units sold around the world. The company announced that about 9.24 million units had been purchased worldwide during the fiscal year which ended on March 31, 2008. Meanwhile, Microsoft claims that there have...
- Reinventing Family Game Night. Staff, Gamepro // PCWorld;Dec2011, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p93
The article presents a comparison of several video game consoles including the Xbox 360 from Microsoft, the PlayStation 3 from Sony, and the Wii from Nintendo.
- Next-gen consoles finally arrive. // Computer Shopper;Feb2014, Issue 312, p18
The article evaluates two electronic game consoles including the Playstation 4 from Sony Corp. and the Xbox One from Microsoft Corp.
- Nintendo Wii trumps Xbox 360 in sales. Mutschler, Ann Steffora // Electronic News;8/27/2007, Vol. 53 Issue 35, p34
The article reports that Nintendo has regained its former glory as lifetime sales of the company's Wii home gaming system have passed Microsoft's Xbox 360 on a worldwide basis as of August 23, 2007, according to videogame sell-through tracking firm VG Chartz. The Nintendo DS handheld gaming...
- Xbox shakes off Halo effect. Kemp, Ed // Marketing (00253650);11/10/2010, p15
The article focuses on the marketing strategies of the three video-games industry giants including Microsoft Corp., Sony Corp., and Nintendo Co. Ltd. to expand consumer base in Great Britain. It states that Microsoft takes its Kinect technology for Xbox 360 to a higher level than its rivals....
- Game changers. DOCKRILL, PETER // Money (Australia Edition);Feb2014, Issue 164, p28
The article reviews several products including the Sony PlayStation 4 from Sony, the Microsoft Xbox One game console, and the Nintendo Wii U gaming console from nintendo.com.au.