Proofpoint Raises $28M for E-mail Security
- Hong Kong spam rates higher than global number. // ComputerWorld Hong Kong;10/10/2008, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p26
The article discusses the results of the MessageLabs report as of October 2008. According to this report, the spam rate in Hong Kong, China surged to 87 percent from September 2007 to September 2008. It notes that Hong Kong's spam rate is higher than the global spam rate at 78 percent and China...
- Writing the wrongs. Long, Chris // Director;Oct99, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p110
Focuses on the importance of security measures for businesses against junk and abusive e-mails. Background information on the e-mail system; Implication of using the e-mail system; Tips for dealing with junk or abusive e-mails. INSET: Put out the flames.
- The way to keep Internet spam at bay is to watch your cookies. Kwiatoski, Debbie // Hudson Valley Business Journal;10/09/2000 - 10/16/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 16, p19
- Spam Patterns in 2006 and Predictions for '07. Margolis, Daniel // Certification Magazine;May2007, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p8
The article provides an overview of the results of an annual intelligence report on spam activity in the U.S. in 2006, released by MessageLabs. According to the author, the report revealed that the average spam level for the year accounted to 86.2 percent of electronic mail, or e-mail traffic....
- Why am I getting 'Delivery Status Notification (Failure)' messages? Harrington, B. // Computer Active;1/22/2014, Issue 415, p66
The article provides an answer to a question of receiving a delivery status on notification failure in messages.
- Fridge Sends Spam. // Micro Mart;1/30/2014, Issue 1296, p35
The article focuses on the claim of security firm Proofpoint Inc. that a fridge sending out spam is one of the smart home devices used in a comprehensive spam campaign.
- Eliminating unwanted inbound e-mail. // KM World;Jun2010, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p6
The article reports on the installation of the software-as-a-service (SaaS) electronic mail (e-mail) security solution from Proofpoint Inc. at easyJet Airline Co. Ltd. in Europe.
- Email Monitoring Practices Put Large Companies at Risk. // International Journal of Micrographics & Optical Technology;2006, Vol. 24, p5
The article presents the findings of a study conducted by messaging security provider Proofpoint Inc. regarding the e-mail monitoring practices of companies in Great Britain. The report found that 38% of large British companies employ a corporate snoop to read employee email and over 60% perform...
- Messaging Security Gateway. // SC Magazine: For IT Security Professionals (15476693);Mar2010, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p47
The article evaluates the Messaging Security Gateway hardware device from Proofpoint.