MIT Solar Spin-off Snags $12.4M
- PV wafer directly manufactured from molten silicon. // Industrial Ceramics;Sep2010, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p153
The article reports on the statement made by 1366 Technologies that it might be able to eliminate all saw waste, which is created when wire saws are used to slice silicon ingots into photovoltaics (PV)-suitable wafers, by directly manufacturing each wafer from molten silicon.
- Let there be light. // Inc.;Oct2010, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p42
The article focuses on the so-called Direct Wafer method developed by the Lexington, Massachusetts-based company 1366 Technologies aimed at streamlining the process for producing silicon wafers for solar panels.
- Triple Helix twins: innovation and sustainability. Etzkowitz, Henry; Chunyan Zhou // Science & Public Policy (SPP);Feb2006, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p77
Debate over the Triple Helix model has focused on the question of whether there is a fourth helix. Various candidates have been suggested, such as labor, venture capital, the informal sector and civil society. However, introduction of a fourth helix might cause a triadic model to lose its...
- Shock and Change in the German Venture Capital Market, 1995-2005. Huberty, Mark // German Politics & Society;Autumn2006, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p20
The article explores whether changes to the German venture capital financing sector in the period 1995-2005 indicate an improved development path for high-technology startup firms. The author concludes that the sector has undergone substantial change in favor of financing and supporting high...
- Intel Invests in Wireless Device Management Start-Up. // Electronic News;12/27/2004, Vol. 50 Issue 52, pN.PAG
Presents information on the completion of a round of financing for mFormation Technologies Inc., a wireless device and service management start-up based in Edison, New Jersey. Value of the capital investment of the company after the completion of the funding; Significance of the funding to the...
- Groups ranked for funding startup companies. Henderson, Tom // Crain's Detroit Business;7/28/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 30, p2
The article reports that three Michigan organizations ranked in the top 100 nationally for the number of startup companies they funded in 2007, according to the MoneyTree report released by PriceWaterhouse Coopers and the Washington-based National Venture Capital Association, based on data...
- 1366 TECHNOLOGIES NAMES VP OF MANUFACTURING. // Appliance Design;May2014, Vol. 62 Issue 5, p13
The article announces that Brian Eller has been appointed as vice president (VP) of manufacturing at silicon wafer manufacturer 1366 Technologies.
- Venture Capital & the Growth of Silicon Valley. Hambrecht, William R. // California Management Review;Winter84, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p74
The article discusses the emerging idea of venture capital in technological industries, which the author states is becoming more popular. The article describes the origins and history of the idea, stating that three major events occurred to propel the country into technological leadership:...
- Venture capital investment soars in second quarter. // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/23/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 24, p25
Reports on growth of U.S. venture capital investments in the second quarter of 2004. Indication that venture capitalists are more willing to risk money on new business plans after cleaning up troubled investments from the Internet bubble; Increase in interim returns and new fund formation; More...