Apple Now No. 2 Music Retailer
- Napster Ready for iTunes Rumble. Medford, Cassimir // Red Herring;5/20/2008, p1
The article reports on the launch of the first MP3 music store of online music service Napster which will be free of restrictive digital rights management (DRM) protection and free compete head-to-head with Apple's iTunes. Napster is only the second MP3 music store to offer storewide DRM-free...
- IN THE CARDS. Christman, Ed // Billboard;9/1/2007, Vol. 119 Issue 35, p8
The article discusses a plan by Apple Inc. to test sales of iTunes gift cards in retail stores. The iTunes cards are to feature specific album covers. Albums by Maroon 5, Norah Jones and Eddie Vedder are under consideration for inclusion in the tests, which are to run at Safeway, Starbucks and...
- Apple's heavy hand. Brooks, Jason // eWeek;9/22/2008, Vol. 25 Issue 27, p55
The author reflects on the attachment of the iPhone to music store iTunes of Apple Inc. He expects that Apple would untether its impressive smart phone from iTunes to better meet enterprise needs. The author assumes that third parties would emerge to help emancipate the iPhone from iTunes. He...
- Is It Safe? Wolfe, Daniel // American Banker;8/25/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 131, p4
The author reports on concerns that have been raised regarding the safety of Apple Inc.'s iTune digital music store after people have been charged for music they did not purchase.
- 25 bn apps downloaded on Apple App store. // Flare (Pakistan);4/15/2012, p67
The article reports on the announcement made by Apple Inc. that a total of 25 billion applications has been downloaded by users from the iTunes App Store.
- iTunes cuts bella figura. Ritson, Mark // Marketing (00253650);3/19/2008, p21
The article offers information on the success of launching iTunes, a music download Web site by Apple Inc., in Great Britain. It was stated that iTunes was became the host of idiotic competitors. Competitors brands of iTunes are mentioned including Dell, Coca Cola's mycokemusic, and Sony's...
- DIGITAL DIVIDE. Christman, Ed // Billboard;5/22/2010, Vol. 122 Issue 20, p9
The article reports on a lead in digital music sales which Apple Inc's iTunes store has developed and continues to maintain against other music marketers in 2010.
- ITUNES AT 10 YEARS: STILL NO. 1 MUSIC DOWNLOAD SITE. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;4/22/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 16, p8
The article discusses the success of electronics company Apple's music download site iTunes Store during its ten years of operation from 2003.
- Apple Is the Number-Two Music Retailer in the United States. Dalrymple, Jim // Macworld;May2008, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p27
The article reports that the popularity of the online retailer iTunes Store has propelled Apple Inc. to the number-two spot among music retailers in the U.S., following only Wal-Mart Stores Inc., according to market research firm NPD Group Inc. The report also shows a decrease in compact disc...