IBM Pitches Mainframes for the Internet Age
- IBM Unleashes a Linux T-Rex. Schwartz, Ephraim // InfoWorld;6/9/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 23, p12
Provides information on the eServer zSeries 990 mainframe of IBM. Secret to the mainframe's success; Capabilities of the central processing units.
- UNTITLED. Saran, Cliff // Computer Weekly;7/27/2010, p46
The article reports on the launching of IBM Corp.'s server product in the U.S. It mentions that the server system called "cloud-in-a-box" combines mainframe processors, Power 7 blades and x86 in a single system consisting of six server racks. It also notes that the project is part of the 5...
- Mainframes may serve as servers. Babcock, Charles // Inter@ctive Week;05/04/98, Vol. 5 Issue 17, p29
Focuses on the use of mainframe computers as Web servers. Description of steps by International Business Machines to use mainframes as servers; Forecasts for the increasing use of mainframes; Names of companies that uses mainframes. INSETS: Mainframe as Web server: The pros and cons;Mainframe...
- IBM Releases PHP Language for z/OS System. // IT Professional;Jul/Aug2007, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p6
The article reports on the development by International Business Machines (IBM) of a scripting-language variant of the PHP open source programming language in the U.S. in 2007. The variant of the PHP open source programming language is capable of running on the mainframe systems of IBM that are...
- IBM UNVEILS ZENTERPRISE SYSTEN FOR SMARTER DATA CENTER. // Productivity Software;Aug2010, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p5
The article reports on International Business Machines Corp.'s (IBM) announcement of its zEnterprise mainframe server and new systems design that allows workloads on mainframe, POWER7 and System x servers to share resources and be managed as a single virtualized system. It provides information...
- IT's Main Squeeze. Laberis, Bill // Adweek Magazines' Technology Marketing;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p12
Explains the reason for the persistence of mainframe computers from IBM Corp. despite the pronouncements of computer experts in the 1980s and 1990s that the technology is bound to extinction. Revenues gained by IBM Corp. from its mainframe sales; Percentage decline of personal computer sales in...
- IBM Launches Mainframes for Next Gen Cloud Data Centers. // PC Quest;Jan2015, p89
The article offers brief information on the zEC12 mainframe system for next generation cloud data centers from IBM.
- AUSTRALIAN SCHOOL BOARD UPGRADES SYSTEM TO IBM ESERVER I890. // Mainframe Computing;Sep2002, Vol. 15 Issue 9, pN.PAG
Reports on the purchase of eServer iSeries i890 from IBM Corp. by the Board of Studies of Australia. Information on the Board of Studies; Information on the IBM eServer; Advantages gained by high school students and teachers from the move of the Board of Studies.
- IBM: mainframe operations performed remotely. // MarketWatch: Technology;Jul2007, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p10
The article reports that International Business Machines Corp. (IBM) has launched its IBM Integrated Delivery Centers (IDCs) for mainframe operations. The IDCs offer a mainframe operation support service that organizations require. IDCs offer a remote operations service for the mainframe from...