Newt Gingrich Makes Pitch to Valley
- Congress copes with online porn. // U.S. News & World Report;7/3/95, Vol. 119 Issue 1, p12
Comments on the issue of pornography on the Internet. Passage of the Communications Decency Act by the Senate in May 1995; House Speaker Newt Gingrich's claims that the legislation violated free speech; Upcoming battles over censorship.
- It was a very good year. Goldberg, Lee // Electronic Design;12/15/97, Vol. 45 Issue 28, p20
Looks back to 1997 as the banner year for the electronics industry in United States and the communications sector's several technical breakthroughs and paradigm shifts. Contribution of the United States Congress and Legislator Newt Gingrich in communication technologies; Influence of 56-K modem...
- Too busy to be a cyberspeaker. Koszczuk, Jackie // Christian Science Monitor;12/10/97, Vol. 90 Issue 11, p20
Opinion. Looks at the use of technology by United States Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich, who seeks to make access to technology easier. How Gingrich is often too busy to take advantage of the technology available; What Gingrich uses his computer for; The hope to set a high technological...
- The Nation's Healthcare Crisis. Gingrich, Newt // Policy & Practice (19426828);Sep2006, Vol. 64 Issue 3, p10
This article presents an interview with Newt Gingrich, former speaker of the U.S. House on the issue of the rising health care costs in the country. Gingrich believes the significant role played by technological innovations in lowering health care costs. Electronic health records, electronic...
- MAIL. Hamblin, Arthur; Kildow, Edward; Pensyl, Matt; Berry, Harrison; Forreste, Jim; Boucher, Samantha; McWilliams, Shawn; Fenton, Claire // Boise Weekly;2/1/2012, Vol. 20 Issue 32, p6
Several letters to the editor are presented in responses to articles in previous issues including "Playing the Game" by Carissa Wolf and topics about American politician Newt Gingrich's moon colony, environmental degradation, and innovations.
- Survival mode. McNulty, Mike // Rubber & Plastics News;10/6/2014, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p4
The article discusses the views of politician Newt Gingrich regarding belting industry, presented at the NIBA-The Belting Association's annual convention held in Seattle, Washington from September 24-27, 2014. He discussed the management of a business properly and innovation in the industry so...
- Are we moving toward an era of wisdom? ROSSELLÓ, PEDRO // Caribbean Business;4/2/2015, Vol. 43 Issue 12, p19
The article offers the author's insights on the importance of wisdom of applying knowledge and technological innovations for the greater good of the society. Topics discussed include the importance of applying technological advancements and knowledge in several aspects such as social justice,...
- SPEAKING HIS MIND. D'Orio, Wayne // Curriculum Administrator;Jul2001, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p24
Interviews former United States House of Representatives Speaker, Newt Gingrich about how technology can improve education in the country. Proposal for all children to have laptops; Challenges of technology in the future of public education; Renewal of campaign to expand distance learning. ...
- Bottom line it for me: Anybody anybody, or just certain anybody's? W.J. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;2/27/95, Vol. 194 Issue 9, p16
Editorial. Comments on the information superhighway which is both supported by `enemies' Newt Gingrich and Al Gore. Highway as a means of communicating with people in government; Forms of communication in the highway.