Modu Sounds Off With $100M
- Pitango Tops Israeli VC List. Schachter, Ken // Red Herring;2/19/2009, p4
The article reports that Pitango Venture Capital is at the top place in Dun & Bradstreet's list of Israeli venture capital firms. Based on capital under management, the list shows that Pitango had $1.4 billion while Star Ventures, ranking second place, had $992.2 million. Other firms on the list...
- Prime Sense Receives $20Mn in Second Round of Funding. // EmergingMarketsNOW;5/6/2008, p7
The article reports that Prime Sense, an Israel-based 3D imaging company, has received US$20.4 million in its series B round of funding. Canaan Partners led the round, and was joined by the company's existing venture capital (VC) investors-Gemini Israel Funds and Genesis Partners. Prime Sense...
- Fabless companies gain funding. Taylor, Colleen // Electronic News;3/19/2007, Vol. 53 Issue 12, p28
The article reports on private equity funds gained by privately owned fabless semiconductor startups Open-Silicon Inc. and Advasense Inc. Open-Silicon announced it has raised its $10 million in a series D funding round led by expansion venture capital fund Bridgescale Partners. Advasense also...
- Funding drop shows signs of abating. Vargas, Alexia // Crain's New York Business;02/12/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p3
Reports on New York City-based companies that acquired venture capital funds in the fourth quarter of 2000. Figures from the February 2001 Money Tree Survey of PricewaterhouseCoopers; How New York's venture capital experience differed sharply from what was happening elsewhere in the United States.
- Boom and Bust in the Venture Capital Industry and the Impact on Innovation. Lerner, Josh // Economic Review (07321813);2002 4th Quarter, Vol. 87 Issue 4, p25
Analyzes the implications of the 2001 collapse in venture activity for innovation. Framework of the venture capital industry; Explanation for why shifts in opportunities often do not translate into increased fund-raising; Consequences of the cyclicality in the venture capital industry.
- Wanted: A Home for $80 Billion. McKnight, Marshall // njbiz;3/17/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p16
Deals with the increase in pressure on venture capitalists to do deals in New Jersey as of March 2003. Factors which contribute to the uncertainty in doing venture capital deals; Comparison of the value of venture capital deals in the state in 2001 and 2002; List of companies with venture...
- Venture capitalists pump $15 million into state companies. Finucane, Stephanie // Westchester County Business Journal;1/9/95, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p18
Reports on the Price Waterhouse National Venture Capital Survey which shows that an estimated 300 companies in the United States received financing from venture capitalists and other sources during the third quarter of 1994. Single largest investment in New York; New York companies receiving...
- Fiduciary duties in burnout/cramdown financings. Bartlett, Joseph W.; Garlitz, Kevin R. // Journal of Corporation Law;Summer95, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p593
Examines the legal principles involved in fiduciary duties in burnout/cramdown financings. Historical background of venture capital finance; Venture financing and the concept of fiduciary duty; Illustration of burnout transaction.
- VC investments in region rise in the third quarter. // Westchester County Business Journal;11/12/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 46, p13
Reports on venture capital funding received by New York metropolitan companies during the third quarter of 2001. Investments in the biopharmaceuticals sector; Figures from the PricewaterhouseCoopers Money Tree Survey in partnership with Venture One; Cash investments by professional venture...