RealNetworks Buys Casual Gamer Trymedia
- Macrovision Acquires C-Dilla CD-ROM Technologies Developer. // CD Computing News;Aug99, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p1
Reports on the acquisition of outstanding shares in C-Dilla Ltd. by Macrovision Corp. Products of C-Dilla; Benefit of the acquisition for Macrovision; Estimated value of the acquisition.
- Macrovision moves to acquire Midbar group. Jones, Joanna // Music Week;11/16/2002, Issue 46, p6
Reports that copy protection company Macrovision has unveiled plans to acquire Israeli competitor Midbar Tech. Value of the deal; Terms under the deal; Benefits of the deal for both companies.
- A DIGITAL PLAY PLAN. Fritz, Ben // Daily Variety;1/27/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 21, p8
Reports on the plan of RealNetworks Inc. to acquire GameHouse, a game developer in the U.S. Terms under the planned acquisition; Benefits of the negotiation for the parties involved; Significance of the planned acquisition for the entertainment industry.
- Brocade lands Rhapsody. Connor, Deni // Network World;11/11/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 45, p26
Discusses the acquisition of Rhapsody Networks by Brocade Communications. Effect of Cisco's entry on the fiber channel market on Brocade's decision; Plan of Brocade to market its application switches.
- RealNetworks acquires Vivo. Berinato, Scott // PC Week;03/09/98, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p131
Comments on RealNetworks Inc.'s acquisition of Vivo Software Inc. in 1998. How RealNetworks will use the VivoActive family of products; The competition between Vivo and RealNetworks prior to the acquisition; What RealNetworks is paying for Vivo; Contact information for each.
- iQ interactive news @deadline. // Brandweek;12/04/2000, Vol. 41 Issue 47, p47
Presents updates on several online companies as of December 4, 2000. Purpose of the Internet component launched by RealNetworks company; Acquisition of The Internet Edition Inc. by PowerAdz.com; Web sites with the largest surge in user traffic.
- Macrovision Set To Launch $650 Million Debt Package. C. J. C. // Bank Loan Report;3/10/2008, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p1
The article reports on the plans of digital media licensing company Macrovision Corp. in acquiring the television listings provider Gemstar-TV Guide International. Macrovision plans to launch a $650 million debt offering to fund its purchase Gemstar-TV Guide International. The company originally...
- Macrovision Pays $2.8B for Gemstar-TV Guide. Haire, Thomas // Response;Jan2008, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p8
The article reports on the acquisition of Gemstar-TV Guide International Inc. for $2.8 billion by software and legal technology company Macrovision Corp. in California. Fred Amoroso, president and chief executive officer (CEO) of Macrovision, stated that they are in a position to accelerate...
- MACROVISION TO ACQUIRE ALL MEDIA GUIDE. Gil, Billy // Home Media Magazine;11/11/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 45, p10
The article reports on the acquisition of All Media Guide Holdings Inc. (AMG), which provides a database of music, movie and video game information and reviews, by Santa Clara, California-based Macrovision Corp. The acquisition deal will enable Macrovision customers, like video content...