BMC Launches Tender Offer for BladeLogic
- NEW MARKET RULES IN INDONESIA. // Corporate Legal Times;Jul2002, Vol. 12 Issue 128, p7
Reports that the Indonesian Capital Market Supervisory Agency has issued additional rules on tender offers and takeovers.
- SDC Worldwide Mergers & Acquisitions. // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;11/4/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 42, p7
Presents updates on merger and acquisition deals around the world as of November 2002, including the launch of the tender offer of DRS Technologies Inc. to acquire all outstanding common stock of Paravant Inc. in the U.S.
- The Fastest Lane In the Deals Market. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Mar/Apr99, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p23
Reports on the tender offer market in 1998. Tender offers as tools for executing fast acquisitions of large publicly held companies; Trends; Outcomes of offers; Slight decline from 1997; Tenders completed; Bid premiums.
- Tender Offers. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Feb2002, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p50
Presents charts depicting tender offer trends in the United States from years 1992 to 2001. Tender offer bid premiums; Outcomes of contested versus uncontested offers; Purchase cost agreed by merged companies America Online Inc. and Time Warner Inc.
- Completing The Deal: Determinants Of Successful Tender Offers. Flanagan, David J.; D'Mello, James P.; O'Shaughnessy, K.C. // Journal of Applied Business Research;Summer98, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p21
Studies the factors the influence the probability that tender offers will be successfully completed. Tender offers between 1977 to 1998; Effect of failed tender offers; Characteristics of a bidding firm.
- UNCONVENTIONAL OFFERS UNDER THE WILLIAMS ACT: THE CASE FOR JUDICIAL RESTRAINT. // Journal of Corporation Law;Summer86, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p499
The purpose of this Article is to examine the development and meaning of the term "tender offer." The Article traces the Commission's early efforts to define the term through the eight-part test now normally employed by the courts. The Article analyzes the impact of Hanson Trust and Carter...
- The Eventual Clash Between Judicial and Legislative Notions of Target Management Conduct. Johnson, Lyman // Journal of Corporation Law;Fall88, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p35
Focuses on the eventual clash between judicial and legislative notions of target management conduct in tender offer situations. Differences between judicial and legislative expressions of corporate purpose and management duty; Economic utility of frequent takeover activity.
- The Powerful Antitakeover Force of Staggered Boards: Theory, Evidence, and Policy. Bebchuk, Lucian Arye // Stanford Law Review;May2002, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p887
Analyzes the key role of staggered boards (SB) in the antitakeover protection to which U.S. public companies are entitled. Background on the use of SB; Reasons for the problem caused by an effective SB to a hostile bidder seeking to gain control over the incumbents' objections; Policy...
- A theory of acquisition markets: mergers versus tender offers, and golden parachutes. Berkovitch, E; Berkovitch, Elazar; Khanna, N; Khanna, Naveen // Review of Financial Studies;1991, Vol. 4 Issue 1
Develops a model of the acquisition market in which the acquirer has a choice between two take-over mechanisms, mergers and tender offers. Difference between mergers and tender offers; Concepts of bargaining and auctioning; Influence of target shareholders on decisions by management; Benefits...