TechSpin:Media Moguls Battle Over Print Pub
- The monster tab. Lesly, Elizabeth // New York;09/22/97, Vol. 30 Issue 36, p26
Reports on New York City's two tabloid newspapers with forecasts concerning the final predominance of one. The `Daily News,' owned by Rupert Murdoch; Mort Zuckerman's `Daily Post'; Figures for each; Murdoch's influential business section, fashioned by David Yelland; Examples of journalism...
- Big stakes in 3-way battle for Newsday. Flamm, Matthew // Crain's New York Business;3/24/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p1
The article reports about the interested entrepreneurs and entities who are willing to enter into a deal with the newspaper "Newsday," which is struggling with a financial crisis. Those who are interested in a deal with Newsday include media tycoon Rupert Murdoch, Mortimer Zuckerman, the owner...
- Crisis time again for city's tabloids. // Crain's New York Business;09/04/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 36, p8
Reports on the competition between New York City's tabloid newspapers `Daily News' which is owned by Mortimer Zuckerman and `New York Post' which is owned by Rupert Murdoch. Price wars between the newspapers; Motives by publishers in continuing to publish the papers despite losses.
- Paper lions. Klein, Edward // Vanity Fair;Oct93, Vol. 56 Issue 10, p90
Focuses on the efforts of Mortimer Zuckerman and Rupert Murdoch to revive the Daily News and the New York Post respectively. Personal backgrounds; Comparisons between the two; Zuckerman's purchase of The New York Times; Murdoch's purchase of the Post; Target readerships.
- MEMO PAD. Wicks, Amy; Carmon, Irin; Murphy, Robert; Smith, Stephanie D. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;1/5/2007, Vol. 193 Issue 4, p12
The article presents updates on mass media and advertising in the U.S. There is speculation that News Corp. baron Rupert Murdoch is eyeing to buy Tribune Co., the owner of the Los Angeles Times. On the heels of the New York Daily News officially losing a circulation battle to the New York Post,...
- Poaching Mort makes Rupe see red. Landman, Beth; Lang, Anne Adams // New York;12/18/95, Vol. 28 Issue 50, p13
Reports on the competition between the periodical owners Rupert Murdoch of the `New York Post' and Mort Zuckerman of `Daily News.' Launching of a 50-cent Sunday edition of the `Post'; Poaching of talents by the `Daily News' from its nemesis.
- It's the 'News' vs. 'Post' again, but with 'new economy' twist. Rothenberg, Randall // Advertising Age;9/25/2000, Vol. 71 Issue 40, p74
The article focuses on the free afternoon edition distributed by the newspaper "Daily News," called "Daily News Express." The price war being waged between Mortimer Zuckerman, the proprietor of the "Daily News," against Rupert Murdoch of "The New York Post," who is notorious for his...
- No one is more titillated by the tabloids than those who get all righteous describing, in juicy detail, what they write. Moore, Suzanne // New Statesman;06/07/99, Vol. 128 Issue 4439, p17
Comments on tabloid newspapers in Great Britain. Opinion on mass media executive Rupert Murdoch; Types of stories published on tabloids; How readers sympathize with the persons featured in tabloids.
- Brifcase. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);4/18/2008, Vol. 55 Issue 19, p9A
The article offers news briefs in New York. California winemaker Abe Schoener will crush New York grapes and make wine from the juice in a factory in Brooklyn's Red Hook district. The rumor that Bethpage-based cable operator will buy the Long Island's daily publication prompted conflict to New...