Google, Soros and Omidyar Team Up to Invest in India
- Quikr Receives $4Mn from Omidyar, Matrix India; Appoints New CEO. // EmergingMarketsNOW;7/31/2009, p6
The article reports that Quikr Mauritius, holding firm of horizontal classifieds portal Quikr India, received 4 million dollars from Omidyar Network and Matrix Partners India. It states that Quikr will utilize the funds to expand its presence in India by helping other companies to catalyze...
- Government to set up innovation fund for MSMEs. // BioSpectrum;Dec2014, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p14
The article reports on the innovation fund for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) planned to launch by the government of India in an aim to encourage and promote new knowledge-driven programs and ventures.
- Omidyar, Ashoka Announce Property Rights Contest. // India -- West;9/17/2010, Vol. 35 Issue 43, pB13
The article reports on the announcement by the Omidyar Network Services LLC and the Ashoka's Changemakers regarding their launch of an online competition to find the world's top leaders who work to increase secure access to property rights in India.
- Mentors secure the means. Naude, Colleen // Finance Week;08/18/2000, p30
Focuses on Sizanani, a joint venture between the Banking Council and Absa, Nedcor, First National Bank and Standard Bank that provides non-financial assistance to small, medium and micro enterprises in South Africa. Provision of assistance through mentoring; Conditions set for loan application;...
- Omidyar Network Opens New India Investment Office. Sohrabji, Sunita // India -- West;5/28/2010, Vol. 35 Issue 27, pB2
The article reports that Redwood City, California-based investment company Omidyar Network Commons LLC opened the Omidyar Network India in Mumbai, India in March 2010 under the leadership of Jayant Sinha which will serve as the channel for more than 45 million dollars of investment.
- Omidyar Network Grants $2 million To Dasra. // India -- West;8/3/2012, Vol. 37 Issue 37, pA20
The article presents information on company Omidyar Network that announced a grant of two million U.S. dollars to Dasra, a strategic philanthropic foundation operating in India.
- Shanghai Yangpu Government, SVB Jointly Launch FoF. // EmergingMarketsNOW;3/18/2009, p8
The article reports that the district government of Yangpu in Shanghai, China and SVB Financial Group have established a joint venture (JV) in order to launch a fund-of-funds (FoF). The establishment of the JV is in line with the government's plan to support more than 3,500 small and medium...
- When directors go in search of capital -- seller beware! // New Zealand Management;Apr2002, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p60
Examines the growing investor interest in small- to medium-sized enterprises (SME) in New Zealand. Benefits for SME; Risks and potential consequences of securing additional capital for business growth; Tips for company directors and owners on seeking capital.
- Aiming to expand? Johnson, Robin // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;Jul/Aug95, Vol. 73 Issue 7, p61
Focuses on the Alternative Investment Market (AIM) as a source of funding for small businesses. Advantage of flexibility; Absence of increased borrowings; AIM as the cheaper way of raising finance; Financing in exchange of equity.