Incipient Gets $15.6M for Storage Virtualization
- Short Takes. // Network World;4/4/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 13, p21
The article reports on Brix Networks Inc., which makes hardware and software for monitoring VoIP performance, last week said it has added $5 million in venture capital funding. The Cheimsford, Massachusetts Company now has raised about $60 million over five rounds since its founding in 1999. New...
- Plugging the Funding Gap. // Financial Executive;Sep2006, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p45
The article focuses on the "capital gap" that emerging companies can encounter after their initial start-up. It comments on the availability of venture capital funds and the shift in the venture market from early-stage investments to late-stage investments. It mentions that the average...
- VENTURE CAPITALISTS NOW SERVICE PROVIDERS. Woelflein, Mike // ColoradoBiz;Mar2001, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p76
Explains that venture capitalists have started to target the service sector of the computer software industry. Customer service focus of venture capitalists; Importance of capital investments among startup companies in the service sector.
- Venture funding hits five-year high. // Network World;4/30/2007, Vol. 24 Issue 17, p4
The article reports that venture capitalists have invested $7.1 billion in 778 deals in the first quarter of 2007 in the U.S. The funding marks the highest quarterly dollar amount invested in start-ups since the fourth quarter of 2001. The Money Report by PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP and the...
- Venture Capitalists As Economic Principals. Kaplan, Steven N.; Stromberg, Per // NBER Reporter;Summer2003, p22
Describes the empirical work comparing the contracts and actions of real world economic principals with their counterparts in financial contracting theory. Discussion of contracting; Things done by venture capitalists before making an investment and financial decision; Implications and conclusions.
- Venturing beyond their own back yards. Schnitzler, Peter // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/23/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 24, p19
Focuses on the out-of-state deals of some venture capital (VC) firms in Indiana. Efforts of venture capitalists to seek the most attractive potential deals; Concentration most VC firms within a particular industry or field of expertise for their particular partners; Reasons some out-of-state VC...
- Venture capital funds show gains again. // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/23/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 24, p25
Reports on one-year average gain generated by U.S. venture capital funds in the 12 months through March 2004. Average loss; Survey by research firm Thomson Venture Economics and the lobby group National Venture Capital Association; Guide to changes in venture capital returns.
- Investor's Powder Stays Dry as a Bone. McKnight, Marshall // njbiz;5/12/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 19, p6
Presents statistics on venture capitalists investments in New Jersey during the first quarter of 2003. Total amount of investments for the period; Number of companies which received investments; Difficulty facing companies searching for funds.
- TECH TWO. Deans, Alan // Bulletin with Newsweek;9/27/2005, Vol. 123 Issue 6489, p51
The article focuses on the recent growth in the Internet industry. People going online for new jobs, cars, travel and music downloads are attracted by the convenience and value, and they are drawing in huge amounts of advertising dollars. Venture capitalists are using their deepening pools of...