Hacker Enables Copying Apple iTunes Songs
- Snippets! // Micro Mart;5/1/2014, Issue 1309, p36
This section offers news briefs on computers as of May 2014 including the widening lead of Sony's PS4 next-gen consoles against Microsoft's Xbox One, the arrest of a Canadian man accused of hacking the Canadian Revenue Agency website, and Intel's strong performance in the personal computer sector.
- Fight for digital home front. Carter, Meg // Marketing (00253650);11/26/2008, p16
The article provides information on the four main brand categories that are vying to dominate the home-entertainment sector in Great Britain. The author stated that the New Xbox Experience of Microsoft, which is a free software upgrade for the Xbox 360 aims to widen entertainment appeal....
- Sony cuts off SOE, leaks 400,000 HK users info. // ComputerWorld Hong Kong;May2011, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p6
The article reports on the extent of the publicized hack of Sony computer networks in 2011. A total of 24.6 million accounts in the Sony Online Entertainment network were affected by the computer intrusion. The company announced that the banking and credit card information of customers were...
- Linux. Hayward, David // Micro Mart;1/21/2016, Issue 1397, p68
The article offers information on PlayStation based on Linux operating system (OS). Topics discussed include the Other OS support from the PlayStation3 (PS3) that has been found to be prone to be modified by group of hackers, Fail0verflow, comparison of PlayStation 4 (PS4) with personal...
- THE PS3: More Than a Game. Lewis, Peter // Fortune;6/12/2006, Vol. 153 Issue 11, p78
The article discusses the Sony Playstation 3, which is scheduled to launch in November 2006 and will greatly affect the Sony Corporation's economic future. The system is designed both to play video games and make Sony's proprietary Blu-ray Disc technology into consumers homes, but it has been...
- Sony ditches TV to launch PS3 digitally. Dutta, Kunal // Campaign (UK);3/9/2007, Issue 10, p7
The article presents information about the advertising campaign meant for the launch of the video game console PlayStation3 (PS3) in the digital format. The campaign features six individuals, including a tattooed Russian mercenary, a host of a quiz show, and a South American footballer, who all...
- BITS & BRIEFS. // Billboard;11/11/2006, Vol. 118 Issue 45, p18
The article offers news briefs in the music industry in the U.S. Trade groups and technology companies have formed the Digital Freedom Campaign, designed to fight legislative attempt to limit how consumers use digital entertainment. The mobile music market is expected to reach $13 billion...
- Nokia N96. // Stuff;Nov2008, Issue 116, p20
The article evaluates several cellular phones and electronic gadgets including the N96 cellular telephone from Nokia Corp., the iPhone from Apple Inc. and the PSP-3000 from Sony Corp.
- Gadgets on the go. // India Today Travel Plus;Apr2012, p3
The article previews several gadgets including The Vita, Sony's latest version of their Play Station series, Seiko's Astron Solar GPS, the analogue wristwatch for globetrotters that uses the global positioning system for detecting time zones, and Apple's new iPad with the Retina display.