Israeli Solar Startup Grabs $10M
- Israeli Cleantech- Focused Fund Raises $75Mn. // EmergingMarketsNOW;5/6/2008, p2
The article reports that Israel Cleantech Ventures (ICV), an Israeli cleantech-focused investment fund, has raised US$75 million as against the initial corpus size of US$60 million. ICV will invest in Israeli-based or Israel-related high-growth clean technology companies, such as those operating...
- Chicago Skyscraper Premieres Solar Windows. // Buildings;Jun2011, Vol. 105 Issue 6, p8
The article features the solar windows at Willis Tower, formerly Sears Tower, in Chicago, Illinois created from photovoltaic glass by Pythagoras Solar.
- PYTHAGORAS SOLAR PHOTOVOLTAIC GLASS UNIT [PVGU]. // SA&B Mag: Sustainable Architecture & Building;Nov/Dec2011, Issue 32, p12
The article offers a review of a solar photovoltaic glass unit by the company Pythagoras Solar which is designed for curtain wall and skylight applications and enables the creation of cost efficient, aesthetically pleasing, self-powered buildings.
- SILICON VALLEY BANKROLLS ITS NEWSROOM. HELFT, MIGUEL // Fortune;8/12/2013, Vol. 168 Issue 3, p48
The article profiles startup news company Ozy Media, founded by journalist Carlos Watson to provide news to the Silicon Valley region of California. Topics include what inspired Laurene Powell Jobs, widow of entrepreneur Steve Jobs, to invest in the company, what Watson plans to do to market his...
- The Internet vs. the NEA. Beato, Greg // Reason;Jul2012, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p16
The article offers information on Kickstarter, a New York-based company which allows people to publicize creative projects. It reports that 11,836 or 46 percent of the projects publicized on the company's web site in 2011 received expected funding. Kickstarter co-founder Yancey Strickler, said...
- Buying and starting a business is easier when you get creative financing, and the available... Cawley, Rusty // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;05/18/98, Vol. 27 Issue 47, Focus p3
Examines the available financing options for startup businesses in Utah. Owner financing; Factoring; Capital access programs; Purchase-order financing; Credit-card companies; Customer financing. INSET: Combination of events is good news... by Jon Schumann Jr..
- A capital idea. Redder, Tom // Colorado Business Magazine;Dec94, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p51
Provides steps on finding start-up capital for a new business. Sources of funding; Loans; Loan requests; Components of a business plan.
- The tax wise way to start a new business--for your kids and you. Blackman, Irving L. // Modern Machine Shop;Apr95, Vol. 67 Issue 11, p34
Offers legal advice on how parents could help their children fund a new business. Tax code provisions on deduction claims for a loss on stocks in a small business corporation; Beneficial tax treatment under Section 1244.
- Before asking for start-up cash, research, research, research. Lennox, Carol // Business Press;2/2/96, Vol. 8 Issue 40, p16
Focuses on the financing start-up businesses. Reasons for the failures of start-up businesses; Importance of research; Prevention of undercapitalization; Services offered by the Small Business Development Center to start-up businesses.