Viacom Shows Off New Baby, Babunga
- Major Media Paying Big Bucks to Reach Youths. Potkewitz, Hilary // San Diego Business Journal;8/8/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 32, p11
Reports on the deals by News Corp. and Viacom Inc. for the purchase of two popular Web sites, Myspace.com and NeoPets.com. Worth of the transactions made by two companies; Operations of both companies; Nature of business of News Corp. and Viacom Inc.
- Agog over blogs and their promise of youth. Cohen, David S. // Variety;10/10/2005, Vol. 400 Issue 8, p4
This article reports on whether the mass media is already ready for the blogging, as of October 2005. Time Warner is about to find out now that AOL has acquired Weblogs for a reported $25 million. Founded just two years, privately held Weblogs runs 85 blogs covering everything from videogames to...
- `Fair Pricing' sells Viacom Plus deals. Friedman, Wayne // Electronic Media;03/19/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p6
Reports on several deals of Viacom Plus with several consumer companies in the United States. Details on the deal with Merrill Lynch; Focus of the Kraft Foods agreement; Information on the arrangement with the Johnson & Johnson brand 'Tylenol.'
- Face off for Viacom? Goldsmith, Jill // Variety;9/25/2006, Vol. 404 Issue 6, p3
This article reports on companies planning to acquire the next hottest social networking Web site MySpace. Yahoo! is in top position with a circa $1 billion bid. Sumner Redstone, Viacom chairman, has been ranting for months about losing MySpace after Rupert Murdoch swooped in and grabbed it for...
- Newswire. // Brandweek;4/16/2007, Vol. 48 Issue 16, p5
The article presents news briefs concerning issues in the marketing and advertising industry. The article reports that Chrysler's Dodge will shorten its advertising slogan from "Grab life by the horns" to a more direct slogan "Grab life," which will appear in a campaign beginning in May 2007....
- Viacom ink pilot pact with Hoffman. Adalian, Josef // Variety;01/03/2000, Vol. 377 Issue 7, p73
Reports on the first-look development deal between Indie filmmaker Todd Hoffman and Viacom Productions. Projects that Hoffman will work via his Dogsmile Pictures banner.
- Viacom may swallow $300 mil P&G ad deal. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;05/08/2001, Vol. 271 Issue 49, p6
Reports the cross-media advertising sales deal of Viacom with Procter & Gamble in the United States.
- Viacom, P&G ink cross-media pact. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;06/01/2001, Vol. 271 Issue 66, p6
Reports on the cross-media marketing deal between Viacom Inc. and Procter & Gamble Co. in the United States. Term of the deal; Impact of the news on Viacom's stock; Benefit of the cross-media deals for advertisers.
- Internet partners: Sprint and Viacom team again. Warner, Bernhard // Brandweek;06/02/97, Vol. 38 Issue 22, p44
States that Sprint and Viacom have joined to promote Sprint's Internet access service, Private Passport, on Showtime during a free preview promotion. Link between Showtime Network's web site and Sprint's home page; Benefits of deal; Detailed information on deal.