Clearleap Gets a $9M Jump
- Startup Lobs Its Web-to-TV Pitch. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;3/2/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p24
The article reports that Clearleap is launching a Web-to-television (TV) service for cable operators and content providers in the U.S. The new Clearleap system was designed to quickly deliver video-on-demand (VOD) clips to viewers. Braxton Jarratt, chief executive officer (CEO) of the firm, said...
- SNL's Piers Morgan, George Zimmerman-themed Opening (Video). GANDELMAN, JOE // Moderate Voice;11/24/2013, p9
An internet video featuring Piers Morgan, a British journalist and television host and George Zimmerman's legal troubles into his opening on variety show, Saturday Night Live on National Broadcasting Company (NBC) is discussed.
- Still Some Gaps in the System. GIBBONS, KENT // Multichannel News;4/13/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 14, p29
The author reflects on gaps present in the TV (television)-everywhere ecosystem and comments how the cable-network practice of running shows back-to-back has help overcome the problem.
- How Hollywood Wasted Big Bucks On Web Video. Baker, Chris // Wired;Jun2010, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p62
The article explains how the Hollywood Internet show "Gemini Division," which is largely funded by product placement, wasted money in Web video production and promotion.
- Buying and Selling the YouTubeWay. Bronson, Elizabeth // Cincinnati Magazine;Sep2009, Vol. 42 Issue 12, p36
An Internet video channel, YouTube channel, On Location by the real estate group Coldwell Bankers is presented.
- Universal measure. Pennington, Adrian // New Media Age;8/26/2010, p20
The article focuses on the need of Great Britain's online advertising sector for a universally accepted way to measure online television (TV) viewing. It is inferred that regardless of whether people watched through broadcast or online platform, buyers usually want to be able to call up the...
- Savage on the Web. // Echo Magazine;1/3/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p56
A YouTube series "American Savage," created by Dan Savage is reviewed.
- Joost Shifts Its Online TV Strategy. // Multichannel News;7/6/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 26, p30
The article reports that "Joost," an Internet television (TV) startup, shifts its online strategy into direct-to-customer online video which aims to refocus it efforts in giving a white-label platform for media firms.
- OTT TV, video revenues to reach US$2.6 billion in 2020. // Fiber Optics Weekly Update;7/24/2015, Vol. 35 Issue 30, p15
The article reports on the expected revenue increase in over-the-top content television (OTT TV) and video in Eastern Europe, Middle East & Africa (EEMEA) region by 2020.