Disney Chief: AOL Not on the Menu
- Iger Tries to Tuck Disney Into Comfy Fairy-Tale Space. Bart, Peter // Variety;3/24/2015, Vol. 337 Issue 8, p16
The article reports on developments at the mass media company Walt Disney Co. under the leadership of chief executive officer (CEO) Bog Iger. Topics discussed include the movies released by Walt Disney that performed well at the box office, the reaction of investors to Iger's decision to acquire...
- The Iger sanction: Fix the pix, pronto. // Daily Variety;4/23/2012, Vol. 315 Issue 15, p2
The article discusses the contributions of Robert Iger, chief executive officer of Walt Disney Co., to the entertainment industry such as the outsourcing of film ventures and the deals with DreamWorks, Pixar and Marvel.
- MEMO PAD. Wicks, Amy; Carmon, Irin; Smith, Stephanie D. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;4/8/2008, Vol. 195 Issue 75, p3
This section offers news briefs on the U.S. media industry. Bob Iger, president and chief executive officer of the Walt Disney Co., denies that he is interested in pursuing a future news cable network partnership. The New York Times led all Web sites with 16 nominations when the Webby Award...
- Executive Pay: How Hollywood Measures Up. Gardner, Eriq; Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter;4/20/2012, Vol. 418 Issue 14, p15
The article reports on the increase in the pay packages of chief executive officers (CEOs) in the entertainment industry in the U.S. It is mentioned that the beneficiary of a 31.4 million dollars pay package at Walt Disney Co. is CEO Robert Iger. It is noted that Discovery Communications CEO...
- Happiest Q2 at Disney: film boosts profile 30%. Williams, Chad // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;5/17/2005, Vol. 389 Issue 10, p83
The article reports that Walt Disney Co. has reported a 30% increase in its fiscal second quarter profit Wednesday, driven by a 65% jump in operating earnings at its film unit thanks to DVD hits like "The Incredibles" and the theatrical success of "The Pacifier." The strong results continued...
- Iger to Programmers: Keep D.C. In Mind. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;6/7/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 23, p24
The article reports on the statement of Walt Disney Co. chief executive officer (CEO) Robert Iger on programming prices at the Sanford Bernstein Strategic Decisions conference in New York. Iger stated that programmers are focused on the acquisition of carriage fees from allocators that reflect...
- Iger sold his soul. Connor, Richard // Fort Worth Business Press;3/21/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p43
Comments on the appointment of Bob Iger as chief executive officer of Walt Disney to replace Michael Eisner. Overview of the resignation of Eisner from the company; Criticisms on the professional background and leadership capabilities of Iger; Controversy involving the replacement of Eisner.
- Stuck in Eisner's Shadow. Sherman, Jay // Television Week;3/1/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p1
Reports on the issue regarding the successor of Michael Eisner, chairman and CEO of Walt Disney Co. Meeting to be conducted by the company to discuss possible replacements for Eisner; Reason executives of Walt Disney do not consider President and CFO Robert Iger as a successor for Eisner.
- Robert Iger. Sherman, Jay // Television Week;1/10/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p44
Features Robert Iger, president and chief operating officer of Walt Disney Co. Replacement of Michael Eisner as CEO; Potential of Iger as a candidate for CEO; Revival of Disney from financial crisis.