Disney Chief: AOL Not on the Menu
- Iger Tries to Tuck Disney Into Comfy Fairy-Tale Space. Bart, Peter // Variety;3/24/2015, Vol. 337 Issue 8, p16
The article reports on developments at the mass media company Walt Disney Co. under the leadership of chief executive officer (CEO) Bog Iger. Topics discussed include the movies released by Walt Disney that performed well at the box office, the reaction of investors to Iger's decision to acquire...
- The Iger sanction: Fix the pix, pronto. // Daily Variety;4/23/2012, Vol. 315 Issue 15, p2
The article discusses the contributions of Robert Iger, chief executive officer of Walt Disney Co., to the entertainment industry such as the outsourcing of film ventures and the deals with DreamWorks, Pixar and Marvel.
- MEMO PAD. Wicks, Amy; Carmon, Irin; Smith, Stephanie D. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;4/8/2008, Vol. 195 Issue 75, p3
This section offers news briefs on the U.S. media industry. Bob Iger, president and chief executive officer of the Walt Disney Co., denies that he is interested in pursuing a future news cable network partnership. The New York Times led all Web sites with 16 nominations when the Webby Award...
- Mouse House eyes Iger as top successor choice. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;9/22/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 56, p1
Reports that Walt Disney Co. chief operating officer Bob Iger is the only internal candidate being considered to replace Michael Eisner as chief executive officer. Plan to hire executive search firm to identify outside candidates; Time difference between Eisner's intended resignation and the...
- IGER FINALLY THE BIG CHEESE. McClintock, Pamela; Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;3/14/2005, Vol. 286 Issue 54, p1
Reports that Robert Iger has been tapped to succeed Michael Eisner as chief executive of the Walt Disney Co. as of October 1, 2005. Background information on Iger; Duties and responsibilities; Growth targets and strategies.
- MOUSE EAGER FOR IGER. Graser, Marc // Daily Variety;2/4/2008, Vol. 298 Issue 21, p5
The article reports that Robert Iger will continue as prexy-chief executive officer of the Walt Disney Co. through 2013, extending an initial contract that would have expired September 30, 2010. Just last year, Disney increased revenue by 5% to $35.3 billion and reported a 24% boost in profit...
- Analysts: New Disney CEO to Tread Carefully. Indvik, Kurt // Home Media Retailing;3/20/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p4
Addresses the role of Robert Iger, CEO of Walt Disney Co. in the pending business deals of the company in 2005. Status of the partnership deal between Disney and Pixar as of March 2005; Information on the relationship of Disney with other companies; Impact of the characteristics of Iger on the...
- Construction of Shanghai Disneyland will begin April 8. Jin, Lei // Asia Pacific Arts;4/5/2011, p3
Disney CEO Bob Iger will be in Shanghai for the ground-breaking event
- TIMES ARE A CHANGIN'. Guider, Elizabeth // Daily Variety;9/22/2005, Vol. 288 Issue 57, p1
Reports on the message given by the soon to be appointed CEO of Walt Disney Co., Bob Iger, in the fourteenth annual Goldman Sachs Communacopia Conference in Manhattan, New York City. Business plans of Iger for the company; Purpose of the deal made by Walt Disney with Verizon; Programs of Iger...