Denver's New Program to Reduce GHGs--Using the Internet
- Greenhouse Gas Ranking. Coleman, Denise Youngblood // Cyprus Country Review;2013, p196
A Greenhouse Gas Emissions Ranking of various countries recent as of second quarter 2013 is presented.
- Scotland emissions down 26.4% from 1990. // Energy Today (Hungary);6/12/2014, p4
The article reports that the Scottish government has claimed to have reduced its greenhouse gas emissions by more than 25% since 1990 and is on target to hit 42% by 2020.
- Coal, natural gas vital to keeping costs down. Boucher, Rick // Hill;2/24/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 20, p36
The author presents his view on the issue of reducing greenhouse gas emission in the U.S. in which he suggests that the government should establish a national cap and trade system which requires reductions in greenhouse gas emissions of 80% by 2050.
- New approach to climate change. Pachauri, Rajendra K.; Andersen, Stephen O.; Sarma, K. Madhava; Wolfenstein, Lincoln // Issues in Science & Technology;Fall2002, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p16
Comments on an article about climate change. Cause of a deadlock in policy debate on global climate change; Impact of the widespread use of technology on reducing emissions; Changes that are required to reduce emissions of greenhouse gas.
- viewpoint. Polo, Marco // Canadian Architect;Jan2003, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p4
Reports on the decision of Canada to ratify the Kyoto protocol on greenhouse gas reduction in January 2003. Concerns of provincial governments and business groups on the ratification of the protocol; Role of the construction industry and its related professions in meeting Kyoto targets.
- Calif. regulators shoot for 40-plus mpg by 2020. Stoffer, Harry // Automotive News;2/25/2008, Vol. 82 Issue 6296, p31
The article reports that California regulators are preparing to expand the groundbreaking greenhouse gas emissions rules they adopted for the 2009-16 model years. According to a new analysis by the California Air Resources Board, cars and trucks sold in the nation's most populous state would...
- Masters degree opportunities for student engineers in Rome. // Engineers Journal;Dec2006, Vol. 60 Issue 10, p610
The article reports on a European funded project called RomapeKtoto which is focused on the application and analysis of carbon dioxide (CO2) reduction interventions for the city of Rome, Italy. The project provides an opportunity for two students to study the masters degrees in this area. The...
- The Greening of State's Energy Work Force. Van Horn, Carl E. // njbiz;8/27/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 36, p12
The author offers views on the commitment shown by New Jersey Governor Jon Corzine of reducing the state's greenhouse gas emission by 20 percent in the year 2020 and by 80 percent in 2050. He believes the state's success in meeting these goals depends in large part on its ability to recruit and...
- Kalimantan Forest deal to cut greenhouse gases. // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;Oct2007, Issue 796, p10
This article reports that the governments of Australia and Indonesia have signed off an agreement called the Kalimantan Forests and Climate Partnership which aims to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by about 700 million tons over the next 30 years. The Australian government says that the...