Match.com Eyes Social Scenes at Facebook, MySpace
- Chemistry.com Reinforces Formula with $40M Effort. Facenda, Vanessa L. // Brandweek;3/31/2008, Vol. 49 Issue 13, p17
The article examines the marketing strategy of the online dating service Chemistry.com. The online dating business faces significant competition from online social networks whose members use it for that purpose. Chemistry.com's advertising seeks to present itself as a more inclusive service than...
- Match.com sets up Edelman date. // PRWeek (London);4/25/2008, p6
The article reports on the selection of public relations (PR) firm Edelman by dating website Match.com to create its corporate programme in Great Britain. The site hopes to establish itself as a thought leader as well as to create business partnerships. According to Match.com head of...
- Dating site ad hits right note. // Marketing Week;3/4/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p4
The article focuses on the use of a live action spot set in a music store in London, England for the television (TV) campaign of the online dating site Match.com which continues the theme "Start Your Love Story" established by Mother in an animated campaign in January 2010.
- Match.com to offer users confidential dating service. // Marketing Week;7/12/2007, Vol. 30 Issue 28, p5
The article previews the confidential dating service to be offered by Match.com LLC.
- Paid-for dating site launches free Matchlist Facebook app. // Marketing Week;11/3/2011, Vol. 34 Issue 44, p9
The article reports on the launch of the first Facebook dating application by Match.com to stay on top of the Great Britain paid-for dating market.
- Match launches new TV campaign. O'Reilly, Lara // Marketing Week (Online Edition);4/14/2012, p1
The article reports on the launch of a television (TV) campaign by Match.com to grow the online dating category.
- Love, Possibly. Lippert, Barbara // Adweek;4/18/2005, Vol. 46 Issue 16, p32
The article reports on Internet dating. Indeed, Internet dating is now so commonplace that, after explosive growth until about a year ago, it seems to have peaked, or certainly has slowed. Many weary cyberdaters are taking a break from surfing or seeking out specialty sites like DateMyPet.com...
- Wintertime safety tips. Clark, Kelly // Empty Closet;Nov2011, Issue 451, pB13
The article offers safety tips when dating on online sites during winter season.
- LATINVULGATE.COM: A CASE STUDY OF THE TRANSMEDIATION OF AN ANCIENT TEXT. Flor, Nick V. // Proceedings of the IADIS International Conference on WWW/Interne;Nov2009, p387
Most social networking websites operate under an autonomous business model, where users are simultaneously the producers and consumers of content. Such websites are self-sustaining-once developed its owner(s) can take a passive role and simply collect profits from advertising or subscription...