Clean Tech Big Three Shoot Past $20B
- RENEWABLE ENERGY: PROGRESS AND PROSPECTS. Baldwin, Samuel F. // Physics Today;Apr2002, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p62
Discusses renewable energy technologies (RET) as potential contributor to global energy supplies. Portion of energy provided by renewable resources in the U.S. for 2002; Comparison of RET and conventional energy systems; Evaluation of solar photovoltaic, wind and biomass systems.
- RENEWABLES BECOMING AN ENERGY-MARKET PRESENCE. // Plant Engineering;Sep2006, Vol. 60 Issue 9, Special section p7
The article focuses on the projections developed by Clean Edge, a renewable-energy market research firm in Oakland, California, stating that invested capital in equipment related to biomass energy, wind power, solar photovoltaics, and fuel cells will grow to $167 billion in the next 10 years....
- Renewable Energy Resources Have a Tradition in the Czech Republic. Pazdera, Ladislav // Czech Business & Trade;2005 Supplement, p8
This article discusses the energy policy of the Czech Republic with regard to the development of renewable energy sources, such as hydroelectric, biomass, wind, biogas, and photovoltaic power. Large hydroelectric power plants generate half of its electricity from renewable sources, with the...
- FOLLOW THE MONEY. // Electric Perspectives;May/Jun2008, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p16
The article focuses on clean energy. In 2007, Clean Edge, a market research group, reports a 40-percent increase in revenue growth for solar photovoltaics, wind, biofuels, and fuel cells up from $55.0 billion in 2006 to $77.3 billion in 2007. New Energy Finance says that U.S.-based venture...
- RÃœZGAR ENERJÄ°SÄ° VE ORTA AKDENÄ°Z BÃ–LGESÄ°NDE RÃœZGAR ENERJÄ°SÄ° POTANSÄ°YELÄ° ÃœZERÄ°NE BÄ°R ARASTIRMA. Cerıt, Bülent; Onural, Ali Şükrü; Doğdu, Nafel // Teknoloji;Oct-Dec2004, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p591
Renewable energy technologies, such as photovoltaic, solar thermal, geo thermal, biomass, tide and wind are developing rapidly. Basic problems are arising in the wind energy are discussed. Wind energy conversion, in particular, is becoming cheaper than traditional methods in some areas of the...
- Frequently Asked Questions about Renewable Energy. // Solar Today;Sep/Oct2004, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p8A
Presents a question and answer advisory on the renewable energy. Description of all the types and functions of renewable energy systems; Consideration of photovoltaics, wind turbines, bioenergy, hydropower and others; Benefits of renewable energy systems; Considerations before implementing solar...
- Government Policy Results in Blind Development of Wind and Photovoltaic Power Industry Sectors. // Chinascope;Jan/Feb2013, Issue 61, p45
The article discusses a paper published in "China Review News" which analyzed reasons for the slowdown of the development of the wind and photovoltaic power industries in China.
- The role of renewable energy in climate stabilization: results from the EMF27 scenarios. Luderer, Gunnar; Krey, Volker; Calvin, Katherine; Merrick, James; Mima, Silvana; Pietzcker, Robert; Vliet, Jasper; Wada, Kenichi // Climatic Change;Apr2014, Vol. 123 Issue 3/4, p427
This paper uses the EMF27 scenarios to explore the role of renewable energy (RE) in climate change mitigation. Currently RE supplies almost 20 % of global electricity demand. Almost all EMF27 mitigation scenarios show a strong increase in renewable power production, with a substantial ramp-up of...
- German Oct wind output up 47% on year. // Energy Today (Hungary);11/7/2013, p2
The article reports on data from renewables research group IWR which shows that wind power output in Germany in October 2013 was 47% higher year-on-year, while solar panels generated 5.5% more electricity.