Highwinds Grabs $55M
- OwnCloud Raises New Funds, Improves Cloud File Security. Kerner, Sean Michael // eWeek;3/12/2014, p7
The article reports that on March 13, 2014, cloud file storage, sharing and synchronization vendor OwnCloud will formally announce its closure of a 6.3 million dollars Series A round of funding led by private investment firm Devonshire Investors and venture capital firm General Catalyst...
- Streaming Live Events. Sweetow, Stuart // EventDV;May2009, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p32
The article reviews several software, including the Niagara 2100 encoding appliance from ViewCast, content delivery network (CDN) from Highwinds, and basic board-and-software bundle model DRC500 from Digital Rapids.
- Morphing blogs to business. Taft, Darryl K. // eWeek;10/13/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 41, p35
A new way of exchanging data on the Internet has been hatched by one of the industry's veteran luminaries that could push Hogging into the realm of business data exchange. Jeremy Allaire, technologist in residence at General Catalyst Partners LLC, in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and former chief...
- Backupify Raises $4.5 M to Find Yourself in a Cloud. // Red Herring;9/7/2010, p1
The article reports that cloud storage provider Backupify has raised 4.5 million U.S. dollars in Series A seed funding in the U.S. Venture capital firms Avalon Ventures and General Catalyst co-led the funding. The funding will be used by Backupify for product development on new data security...
- The other Kushner Jared's brother is not in the real estate biz, but he's making waves on the tech front. Choi, Amy S. // Real Deal: New York Real Estate;Nov2012, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p125
The article reports on the investment by Josh Kushner in Cambridge, Massachusetts-based General Catalyst Partners LLC.
- Venture spending reflects the need for speed, electronic commerce tools. Nerney, Chris // Network World;02/22/99, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p10
Reports on the rise of venture capital investments in network-related companies in the United States in 1998. Volume of network investments and other related statistics; List of electronic commerce companies and communications/wireless start-ups that drew sizable venture funds.
- Financings Roundup. // BioWorld Today;4/5/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 66, p6
The article reports on the completion of a 37 million U.S. dollar Series B financing for OvaScience led by General Catalyst.
- Tracks Nets $ 1 Million. Springer, Richard // India -- West;2/17/2012, Vol. 37 Issue 13, pB8
The article reports that New York-based Tracks has secured one million-dollar funds from various investors including AppFund Inc., General Catalyst Partners LLC, and Harbor Road Ventures LLC in 2012.
- Venture capital. Fisher, Leslie R. // Database;Feb/Mar97, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p34
Presents a guide to electronic resources providing information on the venture capital industry in the United States. Includes processes in the venture capital industry; Implication of a venture capitalist on the growth of entrepreneurs; Venture capital data sources. INSET: VC decision points..