Danger Hangs Up on IPO, Dials Microsoft
- Microsoft steps up mobile strategy with Danger purchase. Carson, Phil // RCR Wireless News;2/18/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p3
The article reports on the acquisition of Danger Inc. by Microsoft Corp. The deals spares Danger from attempting an initial public offering. Danger's youth-oriented messaging and social networking market will complement the prosumer/enterprise market addressed by Microsoft's Windows Mobile OS,...
- By The Numbers. // Wireless Week;3/15/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p26
The article features issues and topics pertaining to numbers. Figures show that there are 371 wireless companies financed by venture capital in 2007 as compared with 375 in 2006 and 386 in 2005. It revealed that there are 25 private wireless companies that achieved exits through merging and...
- VC Turns to IPOs as M&A Slips. // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;7/5/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 27, p13
The article reports on the findings of a survey by Thomson Reuters and the National Venture Capital Association which revealed a 42% increase the number of initial public offerings (IPO) backed by venture capital in the second quarter of 2010 while the number of merger and acquisition (M&A)...
- Faced with a tanking IPO climate, firms are getting creative to raise cash. Whisenant, Ben // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;05/21/2001, Vol. 30 Issue 45, p12
Reports on the strategy of acquiring venture financing among the firms in Salt Lake City, Utah. Completion of the initial public offering; Generation of finance from clients and investors; Merger of business enterprises.
- Untitled. // Colorado Business Magazine;Mar1998, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p29
Presents information on business operations within Colorado. Venture capitals of various business enterprises; Initial public offerings in Colorado; Mergers and acquisitions of corporations in Colorado.
- DYNAMISME DU CAPITAL-RISQUE AMERICAIN : L'IPO N'EST PLUS LA VOIE DE SORTIE PREFEREE. Lounes, Malika // VSE - Vie & Sciences Economiques / La revue de l'Economie et de ;Dec2010, Issue 185/186, p105
The aim of this paper is to test the existence of dependence relationship between the dynamics of venture capital and its main exit options: initial public offering (IPO) and merger and acquisition (M&A). I use quarterly data for the USA from the Thomson One Banker Private Equity database for...
- Brogue traders. O'Donnell, David // Lawyer;12/9/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 49, pIR4
Reviews the activity in the Irish corporate market following the economic downturn in 2002. Mergers and acquisitions; Initial public offering; Stock market; Public-to-private transactions; Venture capital; MBOs.
- M&A Thrives, A la Italiana. McCrary, Ernest S. // Global Finance;Dec2000, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p42
Focuses on mergers and acquisitions among Italian banks and corporations as of December 2000. Initial public offerings in the country; Factors that lead to the rise in venture capital; Outlook on the managed investment market.
- Ovum finds Networking Start-ups Overdue for VC Rebound. // Fiber Optics Weekly Update;10/19/2012, Vol. 32 Issue 42, p2
The article reports that global analyst firm Ovum has concluded that initial public offering (IPO) and mergers and acquisitions (M&A) transactions indicate a rebound in venture capital (VC) interest in network infrastructure. According to the author, while VC support for network infrastructure...