RIM Notifies of Massive Blackberry Outage
- Four things RIM's PlayBook got wrong. Reed, Brad // Network World;4/18/2011, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p11
The article discusses the four things that Research in Motion Ltd. (RIM) got wrong its BlackBerry Playbook tablet. It states that RIM's BlackBerry Playbook tablet lacks stand-alone electronic mail (e-mail), contact or calendar capabilities. It notes that RIM has been affected by the rise of...
- BlackBerry users satisfied. Carson, Phil // RCR Wireless News;11/5/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 42, p15
The article discusses the results of a survey which revealed that U.S.-based users of Research In Motion Ltd.'s (RIM) BlackBerry devices are the most satisfied with their handsets among smartphone users. The six factors weighed by smartphone users included ease of operation, operating system,...
- The analyst's view: BlackBerry. // Marketing Week (Online Edition);6/5/2013, p9
The author offers an analysis on the challenges facing smartphone manufacturer BlackBerry. He thinks that BlackBerry failed to notice the features that consumers are looking for in smartphones and of the advances made in smartphone operating systems due to its over-reliance on corporate clients....
- Closing in on Open Sync. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;8/15/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 13, p16
The article discusses open solutions for mobile phones such as mobile e-mail, which was started by Research in Motion's (RIM) BlackBerry. Carsten Brinkschulte, chief executive officer (CEO) of Synchronica, says that proprietary solutions are shifting to open industry standards, which play better...
- BlackBerry jam. // Accountancy;Apr2006, Vol. 137 Issue 1352, p74
The author reports that Research In Motion Ltd. agreed to pay NTP Inc. $612.5 million in a final settlement in their copyright dispute regarding Blackberry technology. The author reflects how the settlement ends the possibility of a nationwide breakdown in nationwide Blackberry network. The...
- Blackberry or Microsoft for mobile e-mail? Hadfield, Will // Computer Weekly;2/7/2006, p6
The article focuses on issues concerning mobile e-mail systems. Research In Motion Ltd.'s Blackberry system dominates the mobile e-mail market, with users such as Abbey, Friends Provident and Prudential. However, with a lawsuit over intellectual property rights threatening to shut down the...
- A Long Fall from the Top. HESSMAN, TRAVIS // Industry Week/IW;Sep2013, Vol. 262 Issue 9, p32
The article discusses the release of BlackBerry smartphone from mobile manufacturer Research In Motion Ltd. and mentions the decline of its sales from the mobile market.
- Marketing mishap: BlackBerry blackout. // Marketing (00253650);10/19/2011, p7
The article offers information about the response of the Research in Motion technology company to mobile service failures of its Blackberry smartphone.
- RIM to offer multiplatform device management. Lawson, Stephen // Network World;12/5/2011, Vol. 28 Issue 22, p8
The article reports on the development of the BlackBerry Mobile Fusion product from Research In Motion Ltd., which allows to manage mobile devices running on Android, iOS and BlackBerry operating systems.