Naspers Unit Plugs into DayPort
- South African media and e-commerce firm Naspers Holdings will merge two of its Russian internet sites. // African Business News;3/13/2013, p17
The article reports on the merger between two of the Russian Internet sites of South African media and e-commerce company Naspers Holdings and rival Avito.ru in a deal worth at least 570 million dollars.
- Entriq, Provider of Services for TV, PCs, PDAs, Buys DayPort. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;3/17/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p5
The article reports on the agreement of Entriq Corp., a Carlsbad technology firm that helps businesses deliver and profit from content published on the Internet and other electronic outlets to purchase DayPort Inc., a firm that provides video publishing and content solutions in Minnesota....
- Print feels the pinch as adspend shrinks. Harris, Shaun // Finance Week;12/7/2001, p18
Reports on the decline of advertising revenues in South Africa. Cost-cutting measures of advertising agencies; Financial performance of Naspers in 2001.
- Big bang buys. // Advertising Age;7/6/1998, Vol. 69 Issue 27, p10
Discusses the effect of media consolidation on the advertising industry. Examples of the different media mergers; How the consolidated companies have changed the ways they deal with advertisers; How the media landscape is changing; Why the media conglomeration can be good for the advertiser.
- Acquisitions. // Promo;Aug2002, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p14
Focuses on acquisitions in the advertising industry as of August 2002. Markham, Ontario-based CoolBrands International Inc.'s purchase of Norwalk, California-based frozen fruit bar manufacturer Fruit-A-Freez Inc.; Los Angeles, California-based direct and online marketing specialist L90 Inc.'s...
- Stuff the consumer let's just cash in . Deeproot, Grace // Marketing Week;5/23/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 21, p28
Comments on articles about advertising published in the May 2002 issue of 'Marketing.' Acquisition of Go by Easyjet; Charges filed against Carlton & Granada; Importance of consumers.
- TREACHEROUS WATERS? // Photo District News;Aug2000, Vol. 20 Issue 8, Special Section p34
Offers a look on the implications of acquisition trends in advertising and print designing industries.
- TV rivals hit out at ITV firms' step toward merger. Rogers, Daniel // Marketing (00253650);8/22/2002, p1
Reports the opposition of the joint venture of Carlton and Granada company to win advertisement contracts by Channel 4 and Sky in Great Britain.
- Been there, done that. Reiss, Craig // Adweek Eastern Edition;7/8/1996, Vol. 37 Issue 28, p27
Focuses on the implications of the merger activity in the advertising industry of the United States. Overview of the industry; Role of media agencies; Impact of the failure of integrated marketing.