Amid Fight for Control, IAC Reshuffles M&A Unit
- Spinoffs Seek Whirlwind Of Value. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;03/12/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p59
Focuses on the move of corporations to spinoff operating units. Causes of such action; Big companies that have practiced the trend; Benefits from spinoffs.
- Sylvan Learning Systems spins off its Sylvan Prometric Division. // Electronic Education Report;10/13/99, Vol. 6 Issue 19, p7
Reports on the decision of Baltimore, Maryland-based Sylvan Learning Systems Inc. to spin off its Sylvan Prometric testing division.
- Failing to respond to customer demands. // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;Sep99, Vol. 77 Issue 8, p5
Reveals that most companies are restructuring their workforce according to function rather than customer needs, based on a survey of managers. Reason for workforce restructuring; What the growth in professional service organizations means; Ratio of companies that still use paper-based methods...
- Strategy and Organization. // Henley Manager Update;Summer99, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p1
Focuses on corporate restructuring. Factors that prompted a company to restructure; When does restructuring improve a company's performance; Three types of restructuring; Information on the three different types of business.
- New life for ailing big firms by cutting them down to size. Hartman, Frank A.; Hill, Robert // Management Review;Jun83, Vol. 72 Issue 6, p17
Discusses the concept of growth through autonomy, a proposed solution that offer ailing U.S. business organizations a way to revitalize themselves, to foster innovation and to encourage entrepreneurship. Break-up of a large organization into the smallest viable units; Spinoff of such units in a...
- 40 UNDER 40. MCENERY, THORNTON // Crain's New York Business;3/31/2014, Vol. 30 Issue 13, p0018
The article features Joey Levin, chief executive officer (CEO) of the Search & Applications division of IAC/InterActiveCorp. Levin's career experiences include works at Credit Suisse, and USA Interactive. As CEO, his responsibilities include managing an Internet portfolio. The views of IAC...
- IAC spins off travel firms with Expedia. Searle, Robin // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;8/12/2005, Issue 2678, p16
Reports that Interactivecorp is planning to expand its European travel business after spinning off its travel companies under the Expedia banner. Incorporation of brands including Expedia and Hotels.com.
- Quaker Oats may sell Mexican factory. // Candy Industry;Dec94, Vol. 159 Issue 12, p9
Reports on the decision of Quaker Oats Company to sell The La Azteca chocolate factory in Mexico and its European pet foods operations.
- Corporate Bankruptcy and Job Losses Among Top Level Managers . Ang, James S.; Chua, Jess H. // Financial Management (1972);Winter81, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p70
This article presents data that would give indications of job losses among top level managers after bankruptcy. The study shows that preventing liquidation may be the most effective action that managers could take to protect their careers. Although most managers included in this study eventually...