Rebel Monkey Swings for $1M
- Q&A QuickTake. Dyal, Tom // Telephony;11/13/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 20, p41
Interviews Tom Dyal, founder of the venture capital firm Redpoint Ventures, regarding the company's investments in communications infrastructure. Developing areas that the company follows; Area of investment for the company; His views on market condition in the United States as of November 2000.
- Record Funding for HomeAway. Sadighi, Lalee // Red Herring;11/11/2008, p3
The article reports on the $250 million funding raised by online vacation rental site HomeAway led by Technology Crossover Ventures. The financing with returning investors Institutional Venture Partners and Redpoint Ventures represents the largest investment of a U.S. Internet company in the...
- Time Warner Ga-Ga Over Gaia. Schachter, Ken // Red Herring;1/10/2008, p3
The article reports on the investment made by Time Warner in Gaia Interactive, parent company of Gaia Online. The $12 million B round of financing also involves syndicate leader DAG Ventures and entertainment and electronics giant Sony. Over $20 million has already been raised by Gaia from...
- Redpoint Now Gold Standard for VC Firms. Brinsley, John // Orange County Business Journal;08/28/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 35, p11
Focuses on the growth potential of venture capital (VC) firm Redpoint Ventures of California. Formation of the company from the merger of the top ten VC firms in the state; Refusal of additional capital from investors planning to get into Redpoint Ventures.
- Amp'd Mobile to pump in $67 mil. Marlowe, Chris // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;8/9/2005, Vol. 390 Issue 20, p2
This article reports on the announcement made by Amp'd Mobile Inc. about the investments totaling $67 million from Universal Music Group (UMG), Highland Capital Partners, Columbia Capital LLC and Redpoint Ventures. The youth-oriented broadband wireless company also said that UMG will provide...
- Digital capital. // Inter@ctive Week;11/22/99, Vol. 6 Issue 48, p61
Presents news briefs from the Internet industry of the United States (US) as of November 22, 1999. Financial information service launched by Intuit company; Investments raised by Redpoint Ventures; Proposal of the US Securities and Exchange Commission for people engaged in online securities fraud.
- Vik Singh-Led Infer Closes $10 Million Funding Round. SPRINGER, RICHARD // India -- West;5/10/2013, Vol. 38 Issue 25, pB5
The article reports that software maker Infer Inc. has raised 10 million dollars in a deal which was led by venture capital firm Redpoint Ventures.
- Fashion Funnel Formed by Glimpse.com. // Home Textiles Today;5/7/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p17
The article reports on the fashion show of www.glimpse.com which was held on April 26, 2007 in San Mateo, California. It allows shoppers and retailers to browse the price or sale status of home decors, accessories, apparel, beauty and jewelry products. Sale for maximum interactive,...
- Redpoint online with MusicMatch. Bond, Paul // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;03/07/2000, Vol. 362 Issue 4, p103
Reports that Redpoint Ventures has acquired shares in MusicMatch Inc. Uses of proceeds from the acquisition deal by MusicMatch.