Cisco shares drop on weak revenue forecast
- Obsession with hitting numbers comes at a price. Ottenstein, Robert // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;9/11/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 9, p12
The article criticizes the overdependence of the chemical industry to quarterly earnings guidance released by financial analysts in the U.S. The impact of earnings guidance on a company's stock performance is discussed. The rationale of earnings guidance provided by financial analysts is...
- Untitled. Quicke, Simon // MicroScope;2/11/2008, p14
This article offers a look at the performance of companies in the areas of telecommunications and networking. BT reported a 30 percent fall in pre-tax profits, and only a one percent rise in group revenue to Â£5.15 billion (bn) in third quarter ending December 2007. Results for Cisco's second...
- Industry Update -- Infrastructure. // MarketWatch: Telecoms;June 2003, Vol. 2 Issue 6, p7
Reports global developments related to the financial performance of telecommunication companies as of June 2003. Net loss of Lucent Technologies Inc. for the second quarter ended March 2003; Increase in the net income of Nortel Networks Corp. for the first quarter ended March 31, 2003; Reduction...
- CISCO PURSUES CARRIER MARKET DOMINATION. Vittore, Vince // Telephony;12/9/2002, Vol. 243 Issue 17, p6
Reports the focus of telecommunication provider Cisco Systems Inc. on the carrier market in the U.S. Revenue maintained by the company; Aim of the firm to displace either Lucent Technologies or Nortel Network; Research and development spending of the business.
- A Comparison of the Information Content of Insider Trading and Management Earnings Forecasts. Penman, Stephen H. // Journal of Financial & Quantitative Analysis;Mar1985, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p1
In this paper, insider trading is viewed as a signal of managements' assessments of firms' future prospects and its information content is compared to that in managements' earnings forecasts. These forecasts are explicit statements of managements' assessments of future prospects. A number of...
- RIM enjoys another strong quarter, Spring expected
to sell BlackBerrys. // RCR Wireless News;4/12/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 15, p18
Reports on the corporate profits posted by Research In Motion Ltd. (RIM) for the fourth quarter of 2003. Factors that continued to drive RIM in the fourth quarter; Net income of the company; Forecasted first quarter 2004 revenue of the company.
- DSW Beats, Trims '08 Outlook. Urbanowicz, Nicole // FN: Footwear News;12/1/2008, Vol. 64 Issue 46, p10
The article reports on the 2008 earnings forecast of DSW Inc. in the U.S. It states that the discount footwear chain has trimmed its 2008 earnings forecast to 62 cents to 72 cents a share, down from a previous per-share outlook for 75 cents to 85 cents, released in August 2008. The projection...
- Genesco Q3 Jumps, Reaffirms Guidance. Derby, Meredith // FN: Footwear News;12/1/2008, Vol. 64 Issue 46, p10
The article reports that Genesco Inc. may have weathered the economic storm in the third quarter of 2008 posting a 69 percent jump in net earnings in the U.S. The company said that it expects fourth-quarter corporate profits to fall 1 percent to 4 percent and that earnings per share are seen at...
- Agere Slides 20.5%. // Electronic News;1/31/2005, Vol. 51 Issue 5, pN.PAG
Reports on the revenue posted by Agere Systems for the fiscal first quarter ended December 31, 2004. Percentage of the company's decline in profits as compared to the same quarter in 2003; Amount of net loss; Pro forma net loss; Expected revenue for the second quarter.