eBuddy Buddies Up With $9.5M
- MySpace signs first sponsor for IM service. McEleny, Charlotte // Marketing Week;4/2/2009, Vol. 32 Issue 14, p40
The article evaluates the MySpace Inc.'s instant messaging service.
- VCs turn away from startups. Strempel, Dan // Fairfield County Business Journal;9/30/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 39, p1
Reports on the venture capital funding of startup companies in Connecticut. Availability of venture capital for emerging firms; Investment focus of venture capital firms; Market trends influencing venture capital decision-making.
- When the Going Gets Tough... Tilley, Allison Leopold; Kohn, Bradley D. // Siliconindia;Feb2002, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p56
Examines how venture-funded start-ups in the U.S. can survive financing difficulties. Description of desperation financing, such as bridge loan financing with onerous terms and takeover financing; Option of selling the business to a third party; Choice of the last option which is closure of the...
- PLANS.TOPIC: 371 Venture Capital Firms. Ragland, Vincent // Chicago Citizen - Chicago Weekend Edition;10/6/2010, Vol. 40 Issue 39, p6
The article discusses venture capital firms which provide investment capital to new business enterprises and small businesses for maximum return and profit.
- Startup Funding Sources. // Black Enterprise;Sep2014, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p18
The article provides information on some funding sources for start-up companies including Impact America Fund, Minority Angel Investor Network, and Venture Capital Access Program.
- A Dose of Reality About Venture Capital. // USA Today Magazine;Jul2013, Vol. 142 Issue 2818, p8
The article discusses several myths about venture capital (VC) such as the idea that VC is a helpful funding source for new businesses.
- SEED MONEY. Worrell, David // Entrepreneur;Nov2003, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p26
Reports on the rebound in venture capital financing in the United States. Insights from a study of VentureOne, a research firm; Comparison between the level of venture investments in early-stage in the second quarter of 2003 and the quarter before; Industries leading the surge.
- Manna from Heaven. // Business Today;4/12/2015, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p1
The author presents his views on the rise of billion-dollar start-ups and angel funding, the non-family non-friend cash that a start-up raises in Indian entrepreneurial space, emphasizing the importance of such investments in start-up businesses for a healthy entrepreneurial system to flourish.
- Change is good. Hogg, Sam // Entrepreneur;Jan2014, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p67
the article discusses the author's view on how changes to the model of venture capital firms benefit entrepreneurs, including increased presence in assisting all aspects of a business and and the use of venture partners.