IBM Offers Microsoft-free PCs in Eastern Europe
- OPEN-XCHANGE/VDEL SIGN DISTRIBUTION PACT FOR EASTERN EUROPE. // UNIX Update;Mar2006, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p3
This article reports that Open-Xchange Inc. has appointed VDEL GmbH as its master distributor for Eastern Europe and Russia. VDEL, headquartered in Vienna, Austria, will provide value added resellers and system integrators throughout Eastern Europe and Russia with Open-Xchange software, service...
- IBM DENIES BREAKING ITS OPEN-SOURCE PROMISE. // eWeek;4/19/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p12
The article reports on the disaffirmation by International Business Machines Corp. (IBM) that it has broken its promise for an open resource project in 2010.
- IBM's open-source platform earns praise from developers. Taft, Darryl K. // eWeek;6/10/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 23, p30
Reports the positive reviews given by developers to the enhanced version of open-source development platform of International Business Machines. Plans of the company to release Version 2 of its Eclipse platform; Features of the platform; Integration of Source Integrity source code control...
- Open source will break the proprietary stranglehold on corporate IT, says IBM. // Computer Weekly;2/7/2002, p28
Focuses on the views of International Business Machines Corp. on open source technologies in the U.S. Information on proprietary platforms; Industrial impact of grid computing; Efforts of the computer industry in countering storage and capacity problems of computer systems.
- As I See It. Dodgson, Gregory E. V. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;02/12/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p45
Focuses on the business strategy of the International Business Machines (IBM). Rules violated by IBM when it adopted the Linux; Potentials of the open source software to IBM.
- IBM Leads Open Source Storage Drive. Martens, China // InfoWorld;10/31/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 44, p14
Reports on the formation of Aperi open source organization. International Business Machines Corp. is partnering with some storage vendors, such as Brocade Communications Systems Inc., Cisco Systems Inc., and Computer Associates International Inc., to form Aperi. The Aperi name comes from the...
- software: IBM open source app server to rival JBoss. Mohamed, Arif // Computer Weekly;5/24/2005, p46
The article reports that International Business Machines Corp.'s (IBM's) acquisition of Gluecode Software Inc., and its open source application server Apache Geronimo J2EE, is likely to offer stiff competition to leading open source application server JBoss. JBoss has been the leader in the open...
- Guarding the Citadel: IBM's Open Source Stance. // Software Magazine;Dec2000/Jan2001, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p4
Comments on the open source strategy of IBM Corp. which aimed to counter the growth strategy of Microsoft Corp. Implication of the arrival of Linux and the open source movement for IBM; Alternative to the Microsoft IIS Web server; Details on Microsoft's strategic alliance with Corel Corp.
- IBM, MS reject MySQL. Krill, Paul // InfoWorld;9/23/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 38, p20
Reports on the contention of IBM Corp. and Microsoft executives that alternative open-source databases such as MySQL lack the strength and functionality for enterprise deployment. Argument of Jeff Jones of IBM on the functionality of open-source databases; Opinion of Sheryl Tullis of Microsoft...