Pequot Ventures Plans Split With Hedge Fund
- Financial mitosis. Soule, Alexander // Fairfield County Business Journal;3/17/2008, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p5
The article reports on the plans of Pequot Capital Management Inc. to split off its Pequot Ventures affiliate as an independent venture-capital firm which will be based in New York City in June 2008. The Pequot Ventures has an estimated $2 billion in capital commitments and has been functioning...
- Morgan Stanley strategist Wien heads for Pequot. // Pensions & Investments;10/3/2005, Vol. 33 Issue 20, p33
The article reports that Byron R. Wien will join Pequot Capital Management Inc. as managing director and chief investment strategist, effective December 1. Wien has been one of the most-quoted U.S. investment strategists for most of his 20-year career at Morgan Stanley, where he was most...
- Strong duo. // Cabinet Maker;12/17/2004, Issue 5419, p4
The article reports that Hilding Anders AB, the parent company of Slumberland and Dunlopillo, has further strengthened its management team with two new directors. Stephen Walls has become production, purchasing and logistics director after three years as md of international liquid sealant group...
- Guidelines for the Unaffiliated Director of the Controlled Corporation. // Business Lawyer;Nov88, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p211
Focuses on the guidelines for the unaffiliated director of the controlled corporations in the United States. Functions of unaffiliated directors; Description of controlled corporations; Factors considered in reviewing transactions between corporations and sharehoders.
- Guidelines for the Unaffiliated Director of the Controlled Corporation. // Business Lawyer;Nov89, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p429
Provides guidelines for unaffiliated directors of controlled corporations in the United States. Description of a controlled corporation; Contribution of unaffiliated directors to corporate governance; Factors and procedures to be considered by unaffiliated directors in reviewing transactions.
- Piercing the Corporate Veil of an Alien Parent for Jurisdictional Purposes: A Proposal for a Standard that Comports with Due Process. Schwartz, Jennifer A. // California Law Review;Jun2008, Vol. 96 Issue 3, p731
The article examines divergent approaches to jurisdictional veil-piercing taken by U.S. courts and also proposes a new jurisdictional veil-piercing standard. The U.S. courts use jurisdictional veil-piercing to assert personal jurisdiction over alien parent corporations that operate U.S....
- Pequot Gains Enright as Principal. Randall, Danielle // Investment Management Weekly;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 27, p4
Reports on the hiring of Patrick Enright as principal of Pequot Capital Management's Pequot Ventures.
- What's a parent to do? Motivating the director of the subsidiary corporation. Whitehead, Adrienne Davis // NACD Directorship;Jun96 Supplement, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p5-48
Discusses motivation in directors of subsidiary corporations. Reason for the subsidiary corporation's formation; Relationship to the stockholder; Dual role for the directors; Incentives and disincentives for subsidiary corporation directors.
- Separate Corporate Personality: Piercing the Corporate Veil. Shub, Oscar // FDCC Quarterly;Winter2006, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p253
Outlines the circumstances in which Australian courts will pierce the corporate veil and also discusses the shadow directors and analyze three cases highlighting the importance of a parent ensuring that subsidiaries make independent decisions. Separate entity doctrine; Provisions of the...