Virgin's Branson: Online Charter Service
- Private Air Charter's Popularity Soars. Schubach, Henry // San Diego Business Journal;4/29/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 17, p29
Reports on the growing popularity of private air charters in the U.S. Safety of commercial airlines and private charter aircraft; Benefits offered by private charter; Tips to selecting a charter company.
- Private Jet Charter Spending Up 15% in 2014. // Business & Commercial Aviation;Mar2015, p16
The article reports on the increase of private jet charter activities spending in the U.S. in 2014, noting the growth of midsize jet activity and average spending per charter during the period.
- XJT Becomes Part of Virgin Charter. // Regional Aviation News;3/10/2008, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p7
The article reports on the partnership formed by ExpressJet with Virgin Charter to bring the power of the Internet to the charter business. The new service allows executives served by a business travel agency to shop for and book a private jet flight online. According to Virgin chief executive...
- Virgin Charter With Travelocity Opens Online Marketplace. // Business & Commercial Aviation;Apr2008, Vol. 102 Issue 4, p14
This article reports on the selection of Travelocity Business by Virgin Charter as the digital marketplace's exclusive launch business travel agency in the Travel Management Co. space in 2008. Virgin Charter will provide charter solutions for Travelocity Business clients who want to fly private...
- RICHARD BRANSON ON SUCCESS. // BRW;4/1/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p17
An interview with Virgin Group Ltd. founder Richard Branson is presented. He never believes in failure, however, emphasizes on the ability of the company to adapt quickly on the economic changes to mitigate the consequences. Branson warns entrepreneurs not only to take risks, but also to protect...
- Will Virgin Media tempt adland? Reid, Alasdair // Campaign;2/16/2007, Issue 6, p8
The article focuses on the launch of businessman Richard Branson's Virgin Media, a company formed out of the merger of Virgin Mobile with ntl and Telewest. Its quadruple play includes mobile and fixed telephony, plus broadband Internet and digital television, and it aims to become Great Britain...
- Director of the month. // Director;Dec2011, Vol. 65 Issue 4, p35
The article focuses on Jean Oelwang, chief executive of non-profit entrepreneurial foundation Virgin Unite. It presents a conversation with Oelwang who talks about Sir Richard Branson's book, "Screw Business as Usual," and the emergence of new businesses that inspired the book. It describes how...
- Branson turns dragon with Â£1m 'Pitch to Rich' competition. // Marketing (00253650);May2015, p1
The article reports on the Pitch to Rich competition launched by British telecommunications company Virgin Media Business Ltd. in which an accelerator fund of Â£1-million for 2015 will be offered to entrepreneurs whose ideas impress Virgin Media owner Richard Branson and start-up judges.
- RICHARD BRANSON ON TAKING CHANCES. // BRW;8/11/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 31, p16
The article discusses how periods of economic crises can be the best time to venture into a new business. Richard Branson suggests that entrepreneurs should look at the potential of renewable energy sector. One could focus on oil and energy production; solar, wind and biofuels or water...