RingCentral Redials $12M for Hosted Voice
- Why Skype and Vonage must die. Gibbs, Mark // Network World;10/15/2007, Vol. 24 Issue 40, p62
The author reflects on the inadequate performance of Skype and Vonage VoIP services which results to minor computer and communication problems becoming insurmountable. He believes that Skype's problem is generally easier for there is no hardware involved and it works well once the installation...
- COMMUNICATIONS BRIEFS. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;11/6/2006, Vol. 21 Issue 24, p40
The article presents news briefs on telecommunication. There are new dialing features for the voice over the Internet protocol (VoIP) of Vonage. These are the ability to dial in for traffic and weather reports. The new PHIP65 dual mode cordless telephone from Auvi Electronics matches Skype's...
- The VoBB dilemma. Wieland, Ken // Telecommunications - International Edition;Jun2006, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p46
The article discusses the effect of voice over broadband(VoBB) to the revenue of public switched telephone network(PSTN). Though VoBB subscribers were not that increasing, it still obliged incumbents including Vonage and Skype to provide free calls to their subscribers and it also made them...
- What I'm Using Nowâ€¦. Kantrowitz, Jason // Live Design;Dec2005, Vol. 39 Issue 12, p20
Provides information on two communication technologies. Vonage, which allows use of any standard telephone with a broadband high-speed Internet connection; Skype, which offers calls and instant messaging between Skype users, without the need for an actual telephone instrument.
- Is Vonage Viable? Some Question TV Strategy. Wasserman, Todd // Brandweek;8/21/2006, Vol. 47 Issue 31, p6
This article discusses how Vonage's hefty advertising spending is being questioned by other telecommunications companies that offer the same products and services as it does. Other companies doubt if Vonage can survive the competition in the industry by running TV advertisements that cost more...
- TWO NEW WAYS TO MAKE THE NET YOUR NEW PHONE. Lewis, Peter // Fortune;9/18/2006, Vol. 154 Issue 6, p232
The article reviews the V-Phone, by Vonage and Belkin's Wi-Fi Phone for Skype. It has a USB drive with no keypad for dialing numbers. It plugs into any broadband-enabled Windows-based PC, most likely a laptop, and automatically loads its own phone software onto the computer. The user can then...
- Vonage Rolls Out Annual Plan. Scoblete, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;3/12/2007, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p50
The article reports on the launch of an annual calling plan by Vonage Holdings Corp. in the U.S. in 2007.
- Vonage Debuts New Hardware, Installation Services. Scoblete, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;10/9/2006, Vol. 21 Issue 22, p50
The article reports on the launch of Motorola VT2142 telephone adapter by Vonage.
- BUSINESS. // Total Telecom Magazine;Mar2008, p4
This section offers news briefs related to telecommunication. Microsoft has agreed to acquire Danger, creator of the popular Sidekick consumer Internet phone, as part of its quest to expand its mobile offerings. Vonage narrowed its fourth-quarter loss to $11.1 million, from $117.1 million a year...