Ringleader Reloads with $6M for Mobile Ads
- Venture Capitalists As Economic Principals. Kaplan, Steven N.; Stromberg, Per // NBER Reporter;Summer2003, p22
Describes the empirical work comparing the contracts and actions of real world economic principals with their counterparts in financial contracting theory. Discussion of contracting; Things done by venture capitalists before making an investment and financial decision; Implications and conclusions.
- Venturing beyond their own back yards. Schnitzler, Peter // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/23/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 24, p19
Focuses on the out-of-state deals of some venture capital (VC) firms in Indiana. Efforts of venture capitalists to seek the most attractive potential deals; Concentration most VC firms within a particular industry or field of expertise for their particular partners; Reasons some out-of-state VC...
- Venture capital funds show gains again. // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/23/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 24, p25
Reports on one-year average gain generated by U.S. venture capital funds in the 12 months through March 2004. Average loss; Survey by research firm Thomson Venture Economics and the lobby group National Venture Capital Association; Guide to changes in venture capital returns.
- Investor's Powder Stays Dry as a Bone. McKnight, Marshall // njbiz;5/12/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 19, p6
Presents statistics on venture capitalists investments in New Jersey during the first quarter of 2003. Total amount of investments for the period; Number of companies which received investments; Difficulty facing companies searching for funds.
- The Critical Relationship Between Venture Capitalists and Entrepreneurs: Planning, Decision-Making, and Control. Flynn, David M. // Small Business Economics;Sep1991, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p185
On the basis of preliminary interview and survey data, evidence suggests that venture capitalists (VCs) are less involved with their affiliated new venture organizations than may be necessary for long term survival. The dual core model of innovation that emphasizes the need of a technical and...
- Venture capital investment nose-dives in Q3. // Electronics Weekly;10/19/2005, Issue 2214, p5
The article presents information on the British high-tech venture capital investment in the third quarter (Q3) of the year 2005. In Q3 2005, over Â£76m was invested in 23 deals by 42 investors. The aggregate value was down 30 percent compared to Q3 2004, and the aggregate volume of deals was...
- Where Seed Money Really Comes From. Cannella, Cara // Inc.;Aug2003, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p26
Presents the results of a report on venture capital in April 2003. Percentage of informal investors in the U.S. which risked less than $1,700; Sources of venture capital.
- Business Angel Investment in Unorganised Environment. Nath, Chimun Kumar // SCMS Journal of Indian Management;Dec2010, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p93
The formal venture capitalists are moving towards larger deals and shifting their investments to a later stage of development, creating an equity gap, business angels become more important in the financing of seed, early stage and second round phases. The paper identifies ways to stimulate...
- Understanding Price-Based Antidilution Protection: Five Principles to Apply When Negotiating a Down-Round Financing. Bartlett III, Robert P. // Business Lawyer;Nov2003, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p23
Provides a practical guide for applying and understanding price-based antidilution protection. Importance of understanding antidilution protection for venture capitalists making a portfolio company investment; Overview of price-based antidilution protection; Illustration of five efficient...