On the ground in the Gaza Strip
- Gaza's health care system crippled before -- and after. Mason, Christopher // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;3/17/2009, Vol. 180 Issue 6, p608
The article reports on the impact of the military campaign known as Operation Cast Lead to the health care industry in the Gaza Strip. It reveals that the campaign, which resulted to the development of conflict between Israel and Palestine from December 27, 2008-January 18, 2009, has raised the...
- Gaza counts cost of crisis. // New Scientist;8/9/2014, Vol. 223 Issue 2981, p4
The article reports on the withdrawal of the Israeli military from Gaza, with a focus on a report by the United Nations (UN) regarding the condition of medical services and facilities in Gaza, overcrowding in UN-run shelters, and Palestinian casualties, including civilians and children.
- Another U.N. School Explodes. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;7/31/2014, pA01
6 A U.N. relief chief said Israeli shells hit another U.N. school shelter, killing 20, and Gaza health officials said 17 others were killed in a street market. The same U.N. relief agency said it found rockets stored in another Gaza school, its 3rd school cache found since fighting flared July...
- ISRAEL-PALESTINIANS. // Middle East Reporter (Weekly Edition);11/20/2010, Vol. 137 Issue 1229, p7
The article reports on the four people who were injured after an uninhibited building collapsed during an air strike initiated by airplanes from Israel on central Gaza Strip.
- A Model for Community Care in Gaza. Hamid Afana, Abdel // Palestine-Israel Journal of Politics, Economics & Culture;2003, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p49
Focuses on the Gaza Community Mental Health Program. Statistical figures on the number of people who have died since the beginning of hostilities between Israel and Palestine in 2000; Program profile of the mental health program.
- Phoenix-Aid tar Bosnian War Sufferers. // Positive Health;Apr2006, Issue 122, p7
The article highlights the services offered by Phoenix-Aid (PA), an organization aimed for Bosnian war sufferers. Founder Sarah Greenwood trained Bosnian nationals and managed courses in massage, reflexology, aromatherapy, quantum touch and hopi ear candling. PA also researched essential oils...
- Focus on the tunnels, Kerry tells Netanyahu. // Jewish Telegraphic Agency: 1922 to present;7/18/2014, p1
WASHINGTON (JTA) -- Expressing concern about civilian casualties, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said Israel's operation in the Gaza Strip should be a "precise" one, targeting Hamas tunnels.
- War stories. Scherer-Emunds, Meinrad // U.S. Catholic;Aug2001, Vol. 66 Issue 8, p4
Laments the tragic circumstances of the death of noncombatants during war. Increase in the number of noncombatants that suffered or died during battles.
- APPENDIX 2 - CASUALTY LIST. // WWII A Legacy of Letters - One Soldier's Journey;2006, p397
This section presents a list of the casualties in the Admiralty Island conquest that was compiled by 1st Cavalry Division Headquarters in April 1944.