- R U Safe? Mustacchi, Johanna // Educational Leadership;Mar2009, Vol. 66 Issue 6, p78
The article discusses cyberbullying and other Internet and digital media dangers facing adolescents in the early 21st-century. Comments are offered highlighting the different social challenges that teenagers face when involved in digital communications, such as peer intimidation and risk of...
- Bully Bystanders: You Can Make a Difference. Reutter, Vicki // School Library Journal;Jan2011, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p50
The article reviews the DVD release of the social guidance film "Bully Bystanders: You Can Make a Difference," produced by Human Relations Media, including information about Carl Walker Hoover, who committed suicide as a result of bullying that he experienced.
- A Response to Intervention Model to Promote School Attendance and Decrease School Absenteeism. Kearney, Christopher; Graczyk, Patricia // Child & Youth Care Forum;Feb2014, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p1
Background: Regular school attendance is foundational to children's success but school absenteeism is a common, serious, and highly vexing problem. Researchers from various disciplines have produced a rich yet diverse literature for conceptualizing problematic absenteeism that has led to...
- Bright students say no. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;1/9/95, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p23
Announces that the December 9, 1994 issue of the Family Research Council's newsletter, `Washington Watch,' reports that `According to a recent survey by `Who's Who Among American High School Students,' students in the top 10% of their class are less likely to engage in risky behavior than their...
- Campus life. Lutes, Chris // Campus Life;Mar1996, Vol. 54 Issue 8, p4
Stresses the value of doing positive things for teenagers. Waste of time and money on engaging in negative activities; Dealing with consequences.
- Speak up! // Campus Life;Mar1996, Vol. 54 Issue 8, p9
Presents teenagers' opinions on issues affecting teenage life. Impact of movies and television shows teenagers watch; Views against prejudice. INSET: Has Amy Grant sold out?..
- I was not exactly your typical thief. Coombs, David; Senter, Ruth // Campus Life;Mar1996, Vol. 54 Issue 8, p26
Presents a testimony on how a teenager confessed and asked forgiveness from God and the people when he stole.
- What's It Take to Please God? Penney, Amber // Campus Life;Jul/Aug2000, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p50
Relates a teenager's attempt to understand what it takes to please God. Childhood belief that studying the Bible and praying regularly are the only things that please God; Rediscovery of the gospel of grace by studying Galatians; Keys to living each day by God's grace.
- Whose the most annoying person you know? // Scholastic Choices;Mar94, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p3
Presents several teenagers' statements on people whom they find annoying.