Open Source's Sourcefire Balks at Barracuda
- Harvey Receives Tender Offer Of Over $200M. Wolf, Alan // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;4/10/2006, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p8
The article reports on the issuance of a tender offer by Modern Technology to acquire Harvey Electronics. The deal is valued at over $200 million. Modern Technology has offered to acquire 51 percent of Harvey's common stock for $1.15 per share in cash and stock. Harvey has asked its shareholders...
- DISCOVER TELLS SHAREHOLDERS TO REJECT MINI-TENDER OFFER. // CardLine;8/24/2007, Vol. 7 Issue 34, p21
The article reports on the recommendation made by Discover Financial Services to its shareholders to avoid tendering their shares to TRC Capital Corp., which made a number of unsolicited mini-tender offers to Discover shareholders in an effort to purchase up to 4 million shares of Discover...
- Tender Offers Make a Comeback. Louria, Avital // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/18/2007, Vol. 73 Issue 24, p6
The article discusses the move of private equity buyers to revive the use of mergers and acquisitions (M&A) that can help secure deals through tender offers. It states that tender offers which disappeared for more than a decade are becoming increasingly used in deals by private equity buyers. It...
- Weekly T-Bills Go At 4.510%, 4.580%. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;2/28/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32328, p2
The article discusses the increase of tender rates for the 91-day and 182-day discount bills of the U.S. Treasury Department in February 2006, after incurring a three-month high rate of 4.510 percent from 4.450 percent, and a six-month high rate of 4.580 percent from 4.545 percent.
- Tenders. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;4/14/2006, Vol. 50 Issue 15, p44
The article reports on several tender offers in the Middle East as of April 2006. Iran is offering a tender for the manufacturing and delivery of six oil pill and debris/refuse collection vessels for the Imam Khomeini, Lengeh, Bahonar, Boushehr, Anzali and Noshahr ports. Iran's tender offer is...
- QWEST MAKES ITS 'BEST AND FINAL' OFFER FOR MCI. // CRN;4/25/2005, Issue 1143, p120
The article reports that Qwest Communications International Inc. again upped its offer for MCI Communications Corp., increasing its cash-and-stock bid to $9.74 billion, about 30 percent higher than the buyout deal that MCI has accepted from Verizon Communications. Qwest's latest bid of $30 per...
- Sourcefire--Soon To Find a New Mate? Hamerman, Joshua // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;4/3/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 13, p1
Reports on the decision of Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. to withdraw its bid for Internet software developer Sourcefire Inc. Reason behind the move; Potential security software firms which may push a takeout interest for Sourcefire; Statement issued by a spokeswoman at Sourcefire about...
- Alamosa modifies, extends exchange offers. // RCR Wireless News;10/20/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 42, p24
Reports on the modifications to the proposed exchange offers for Alamosa Holdings Inc. Features of the modifications; Statement issued by David Sharbutt, chairman and CEO of Alamosa; Increase in the shares value of Alamosa.
- Hagemeyer open to takeover bids. Funk, Dale // Electrical Wholesaling;Apr2005, Vol. 86 Issue 4, p5
Reports on the openness of Hagemeyer NV for takeover proposals for the stocks of the company's shareholders. Statement of Hagemeyer CEO Rudi de Becker on the takeover proposals; Name of the company that attempted to buy Hagemeyer; Financial performance of the company in 2004.