TechSpin: VC Activity in Europe Bounce Back
- Schooled in innovation. Hargrave, Sean // New Media Age;8/2/2007 Supplement, p6
The article focuses on Cambridge, England, as the principal center for technology in Great Britain. Doug Richard chairman of investment research company Library House says that Cambridge is the most important and high-profile technology cluster outside Silicon Valley in California. Library House...
- Want money? Vorenberg // New Mexico Business Journal;Sep/Oct99, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p41
Focuses on the investments of venture capital firms in New Mexico. State initiatives which helped growth the number of venture capital companies; Investments in the high technology sector; Criteria used by venture capital firms in selecting investment targets.
- VC Funding Falls Behind. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;05/07/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 19, p3
Offers advice to wireless and other technology developers seeking seed or first-round funding. Decline in equity financings in venture capital-(VC) backed companies in the third-quarter of 2001; Decline in investments in the electronics, computer hardware and semiconductor sectors; Technology...
- N.H. is benefiting from venture capital pouring in to the region. Miller, Leslie // New Hampshire Business Review;02/25/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p9
Informs on the benefits derived from venture capital pouring into New England. Investments into the region's dot-coms, software and computer parts and equipment manufacturers; Benefit to New Hampshire.
- Start-ups will vie for capital at local forum. Brannon, Keith // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);03/05/2001, Vol. 21 Issue 37, p1
Reports the struggles of local high-technology companies for capital investments in New Orleans, Louisiana. Impact of venture capital slowdown on technology firms; Objectives of the Venture Capital Forum for technology start ups at Wyndham Riverfront Hotel downtown; Attempts of the business...
- Technology: The Name of the Game. // Global Finance;Oct2000, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p16
Focuses on venture-backed investments in the United States for the second quarter of 2000. Details on the contribution of technology-based companies to increases in investments; Amount of investments for the first half of 2000.
- Fixing the investment cog. Bowen, James // National Capital Scan;Oct2008, Vol. 3 Issue 9, p1
This article discusses the state of investment in the high technology industry in Ottawa, Ontario, in 2008. It highlights the contention that early-stage investors are accepting evaluations that are too high. It also notes the observation that many entrepreneurs in the city do not understand...
- High-tech investors look at bandwidth. // Indianapolis Business Journal;06/15/98, Vol. 19 Issue 13, p41
Focuses on United States venture capital firms' growing investments on Internet technologies. Accel Partners' equity investment on Internet communications company NorthPoint Communications Inc.; Venture capital firm New Enterprise Associates' investment on Internet access provider UUNET...
- Â£200m invested in UK and Irish technology in Q1. // Electronics Weekly;5/3/2006, Issue 2239, p5
The article reports that nearly Â£200m of venture capital was invested in Great Britain and Irish technology sector in the first quarter of 2006. It is reported that approximately Â£190m was invested in 41 deals by 84 investors. That compares with Â£129m invested in 41 deals by 50...