Amazon Readies Pay Per View
- AMAZON PLANS PAY STREAMING. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;6/1/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 22, p1
The article reports that Amazon.com will be offering pay streaming services. According to company president and chief executive officer (CEO) Jeff Bezos, a video streaming option will be offered by Amazon.com along with its Unbox video download service. Bezos asserted that streaming will soon be...
- Last Founder Standing. Maney, Kevin // Conde Nast Portfolio;Jun2008, Vol. 2 Issue 6, p124
The article reports on the growth of Amazon, considered as the biggest online retailer in the world. Founded by Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Jeff Bezos, the company pulled in revenue of nearly $15 billion in 2007 while stocks go up. However, slowing consumer spending could affect the company's...
- TECHNOLOGY BRIEFS. // Time;11/14/2005, Vol. 166 Issue 20, p94
This article presents news briefs related to technology. Sprint's new music service lets users download songs to their mobile phones for $2.50 each. Microsoft's Windows Live will offer online business services starting in 2006. A new, free version of Google Local provides mapping for mobile...
- BUYIN' LARGE. Robischon, Noah // Entertainment Weekly;11/10/2000, Issue 568, SPECIAL SECTION p34
Interviews Jeff Bezos, founder and president of the company Amazon.com, about online shopping and his wish list for Christmas 2000.
- Booked solid. // People;09/07/98, Vol. 50 Issue 8, p70
Presents a brief profile of Jeff Bezos, who founded the Internet retail bookstore, Amazon.com. How the company has grown; Expectations that it will turn a profit by the year 2000; Comments of Bezos on his childhood.
- The amazin' Amazon man. Deutschman, Alan // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;Mar98, Vol. 68 Issue 3, p175
Profiles Jeff Bezos, the founder of Amazon.com, an electronic mail-order catalog on the Internet that offers 2.5 million book titles. Background information on Bezos; Why people thought Bezos would not survive that industry; Information on Amazon.com.
- Divided Over Downloading. Baumgartner, Jeff // Multichannel News;9/14/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 32, p14
The article reports that downloading is becoming increasingly popular in the digital realm in comparison to streaming as consumers seek out ways to watch shows and movies using a decent broadband connection. Topics include extension of a download option for iOS and Android devices by...
- The next big thing: a bookstore? Martin, Michael H. // Fortune;12/9/1996, Vol. 134 Issue 11, p168
Focuses on Amazon.com, which is leading a wave of digital shops out to invade established industries. Jeff Bexos, CEO of the Internet bookstore; His choice of books for online commerce; How he started the multimillion-dollar business; Strategies.
- Sale of Washington Post reflects new world order. Skarbeck, Ken // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/12/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 24, p23
The article discusses aspects of "The Washington Post" newspaper acquisition by Amazon.com Inc. chief executive officer (CEO) Jeff Bezos.