Debtors Win a Round
- Wilmington Trust Sues Tribune Lenders. // American Banker;3/8/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 35, p12
This article reports that creditors represented by the banking company Wilmington Trust Co. filed a lawsuit in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Wilmington, Delaware in March, 2010 against banking companies including JPMorgan Chase Bank, Merrill Lynch Capital Corp., and Morgan Stanley & Co. for their...
- LBO Firms And Banks Consider Deal-Breaking 'MAC' Clauses. // High Yield Report;10/1/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 37, p1
The article reports on the considerations of leveraged buyout (LBO) firms and banks in dealing with materially adverse change (MAC) clauses in the U.S. It is not easy for LBO firms to call a MAC or MAC out a deal due to potential prolonged legal conflict over the clauses. Banks may use the MAC...
- Smith v. Van Gorkom Revisited: Lessons Learned in Light of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002. Shu-Acquaye, Florence // DePaul Business & Commercial Law Journal;Fall2004, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p19
Deals with the lessons learned in the Smith v. Van Gorkom case that was filed in the U.S. in 1982, in light of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002. Conduct of the board of directors and management in such case; Issue of a leveraged buyout; Supervision and monitoring duties of directors.
- PSINet Prognosis: Bleak, At Best. Conrad., Lee // Bank Loan Report;3/26/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 12, pN.PAG
As PSINet Inc. slips further into the quagmire, bondholders are losing hope of seeing much in the way of recovery on their investments. The company actually may have a certain amount of leverage on the existing bondholders for a short time, but it ultimately is facing a situation in which it...
- Wash. High Court Won't Hear Appeal in Prudential Case. Hume, Lynne // Bond Buyer;3/19/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32839, p4
The article reports on the lawsuit filed by bondholders of roughly $20 million of tax-exempt bonds that were sold by an arm of the Holmes Harbor Sewer District against most of the transaction participants. The Washington Supreme Court refused to review an appeals court ruling that found...
- Algonquin Dissenters Win Court Ruling. Galea, Steve // Ontario Out of Doors;Fall2011, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p15
The article reports that Kinounchepirni Algonquin First Nation has won the court ruling in the Algonquin Land Claim negotiation.
- Cornell studies double standard on appeal. // Nation's Restaurant News;8/27/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 35, p22
Reports the increasing trend of overturned court decision upon appeal favoring sued employers.
- Alaska demands resolution to Miller's election challenge. D'Aprile, Shane // Hill;12/2/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 124, p12
No abstract available.
- LEGAL. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;6/17/2011, p6
The article reports on the move of Fresno Superior Court Judge Jeff Hamilton to rule in favor of Kim, Khloe and Kourtney Kardashian following a 75 million-dollar lawsuit filed by Revenue Resource Group LLC against them for pulling out of their prepaid debit card endorsement due to its high fees.