The Street Puts Mad Money on Geezeo
- TheStreet.com Buys A Piece of Geezeo. Wade, Will // American Banker;4/25/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 80, p8
The author reports that 13% of Geezeo Inc. has been purchased by TheStreet.com Inc. An option which TheStreet has to purchase the rest of Geezeo is discussed. The amount of money which TheStreet paid for Geezeo is mentioned. The way in which Geezeo will be incorporated into the business model of...
- Disassembling TheStreet.com. Egan, Jack // U.S. News & World Report;02/14/2000, Vol. 128 Issue 6, p67
States that TheStreet.com is opening the site to everyone for free by relying on advertising instead of subscriptions. `Fee only' sites that it will offer to stock investors; Price for a subscription to RealMoney.com and IPOPros.com.
- Sites try to make grade with analyst ratings. Gandel, Stephen // Crain's New York Business;06/05/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 23, p34
Reports on a number of Web sites that are hoping to challenge `Institutional Investor' magazine's near monopoly of judging who are the best analysts on Wall Street. Bulldog company's web site; TheStreet.com; Web sites' challenge to magazine's annual list determination.
- Managing portfolios the new-fashioned way: On the internet. GRIFFITH, CARY // Corporate Legal Times;Nov98, Vol. 8 Issue 84, p19
Discusses the improvement in the ways of managing a portfolio. Why the TheStreet.com web site was touted as the best financial web site on the Internet; Stock prices showed by the Yahoo! Finance site.
- Geezeo and iPay In Joint Offering. // Credit Union Times;11/4/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 44, p34
The article reports on the joint offering of the personal financial management and social networking system from Geezeo Inc. with the online bill-pay solution from iPay Technologies LLC. It mentions that the bill-pay software is being used in several credit unions. Shawn Ward, co-founder of...
- Shifting Model in Aggregation Puts New Emphasis on Banks. Wolfe, Daniel // American Banker;3/9/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 45, p1
The article reports that several producers of online financial-management software are transitioning from directly serving consumers to selling their technology to banks. Mint Software is among firms that will pursue this approach. Shawn Ward of Geezeo notes that most consumers would prefer to...
- On-line news provider finds its footing. Birger, Jon // Crain's New York Business;01/19/98, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p24
Presents information on the TheStreet.com on-line/internet journal and the problems encountered with it. Detailed information on the journal; Problems encountered with it; Comments from Dave Kansas, editor.
- TheStreet Hires Firm To Manage Site. Haar, Steven Vonder // Inter@ctive Week;11/02/98, Vol. 5 Issue 43, p49
Presents information on TheStreet.com Inc. and the financial news community launched by the company under its America Online Inc.'s flagship service. Company hired by TheStreet.com to manage the site; Responsibilities of the company hired by TheStreet.com.
- TheStreet.com. Cohan, Peter S. // EContent;May2002, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p48
Features content generator, The Street.com. Background on the company; Reputation in the industry; Operational status as of May 1, 2002; Segments of the company's paid Web sites.