Apple Earnings, Sales Soar
- Branching Out. Wolverson, Roya // Time;9/12/2011, Vol. 178 Issue 10, p14
The article briefly discusses consumer-products maker Apple Inc.'s business strategy. Arash Amel of research-and-consulting company IHS Screen Digest says Apple has concentrated on creating an "ecosystem" involving an interdependency between electronic devices and content. An accompanying chart...
- Apple juiced by iPods. Fritz, Ben // Daily Variety;10/23/2007, Vol. 297 Issue 17, p4
The article reports on the sales performance of digital music players (iPods) by Apple Inc. Apple reportedly showed record earnings in the last quarter of 2007 for the sales of its digital music player and its companion iPhone, which caused its stock to rise by 7%. The company's revenue rose by...
- INDUSTRY SNAPSHOT. // Music Week;10/14/2011, Issue 41, p10
The article offers information on the profit and stock growth as well as sales of iPods, iPhones, and iPads.
- APPLE IPHONE SALES TOP 1M. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;9/16/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 37, p14
This article reports that Apple Inc. has sold its one-millionth iPhone on September 9, 2007. The sale was made 74 days after the launch of the combined cellular telephone, widescreen iPod music player and Internet browser. According to the company, it took them almost two years for iPod to reach...
- iPod History: 10 Milestones in This Wearable Music Player's Evolution. Reisinger, Don // eWeek;10/31/2014, p1
The article offers several information related to history of iPod, a digital music player from consumer electronics manufacturer Apple Inc. Topics include official launch of iPod in October 2001 to facilitate consumers to bring 1,000 songs with them, launch of the iPod Mini in 2004 in five...
- Apple Sweet In 1Q, Sour On 2Q. // CRN;1/22/2007, Issue 1227, p9
The article reports that Apple Computer Inc. has surpassed the Wall Street's profit forecast for its fiscal 2007 in the U.S. The company reported earnings of $1 billion on revenue of $7.1 billion. Apple's earnings per share far exceeded Wall Street's estimates. The company's success was enhanced...
- The iPod Decade. // Entertainment Weekly;10/28/2011, Issue 1178, p16
A timeline is presented demonstrating technology releases following the release of the Apple iPod digital music player in 2001, including the launches of the online music retailer iTunes Music Store in 2003, the Microsoft-brand Zune music player in 2006, and the Apple iPhone 4S smartphone in 2011.
- APPLE LAUNCHES iPHONE 5, REFRESHES iPOD RANGE AND REDESIGNS iTUNES. Avenell, Patrick // Appliance Retailer;Oct2012, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p30
The article evaluates several electronic products from Apple Inc. including iPhone 5, iPod Touch and iPod Nano.
- Apple detects dubious customers. // New Scientist;8/15/2009, Vol. 203 Issue 2721, p15
The article reports on the patent filed by Apple on August 6, 2009 for an in-gadget sensor and circuit combination designed to thwart iPod and iPhone users who cause damage to their gadgets and claim for new replacements. Among the consumer abuse events the gadget aims to monitor include...